BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a new battery in my 2003 LT. My remote didn't cancel out the alarm, so off it goes. New battery in the remote, but it doesn't seem to be communicating with the control led. Tried disarming the anti-theft alarm system and immobilizer via the ignition, and bypass the remote, but still no good. Now I get a constant flash on the control led w/ key off...... and a solid control led w/ key on. No audible and no start. Becaues of the nonresponsive ignition efforts, I can't retreve the "secret code" through the flashing control led. BMW is sending me the code as I bought the bike used and wasn't given the #. No biggie, but I'll have to make some sort of change to the system, because there doesnt seem to be any way to enter the code as of now. I'll try to remove the battery for a few mins. and see........ Any suggestions???

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,603 Posts
Try just operating the FOB (lock command, unlock command over and over) I had to do that after my clutch job where the battery was disconnected for two weeks. After about 10 cycles the alarm "synced" back up with the FOB and started workng. Worth a try. Also there are instructions in the "Files" "Technical" area on how to remove the alarm altogether if you should decide to go that route.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts