BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the alarm system is not set does anyone no if it can still cause problems in the running of the bike.
I went away last weekend and the bike was left outside for the weekend when I came to start it tried to fire once then stopped,the bike would turn over but not fire.I could here the pump kick in but would not start.I called bmw assistance who turned up in record time and had me recovered to my local dealer 150 miles away (cant fault recovery).
I had programmed the alarm imobiliser to be permanently off unless armed with the fob and I did not set the alarm.
The dealer has ordered a new alarm for the bike to be fitted next week, this is the second time I have had the problem and been recovered.The first time the dealer said it was my own fault and I had gone out of sync setting the alarm and the previous owner had done the same thing about 6 months earlier.I accepted the dealers diagnosis the first time but now I am not so sure.
Does anyone no if the alarm could cause this problem even when not set?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,120 Posts
Unless they give you guys on that side of the pond a special one :) , there is nothing you are doing that is messing it up. I still have the two fobs on my 05 and I only use one of them. I tried the other one a few weeks back and it synced up just fine to the alarm and it had not been used in over four years.

There has been a rash of alarm failures over here and we have documented the removal and bypass in our technical files area if you wish to do without it next time she fails you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts