BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem and I have read every thread on this a can't seem to get my problem fixed. My bike was running fine and I decided to look into why my moto fork mount lights weren't working since I did winter maintenance. I discovered that all four leads on the light circuit were black and I placed them on the negative ground. The one with the fuse should have been on the positive post. I unhooked all of the negative leads while I transferred the correct wire to the positive post. I hooked the battery back up and my moto lights worked so I was happy.
When I tried to start the bike, the immobilizer appeared to have been activated and the injectors and starter did not work. Everything else works on the bike.

The kill switch is in the operable position and I've tried it with the kick stands up and down. The battery is new this year and is fully charged on a battery tender. I also boosted it with a battery charger but it didn't help. I have unhooked the battery overnight and it didn't help.

The control LED in the dash blinks when the key is off. When I turn the key on, it stays on with no blinking. When I press button B (The smooth button on the key fob) the alarm sounds and stays on until I press button B once again at which time the alarm stops. Button A, the textured button does not seem to do anything whether the key is on or not.
The blinkers do not blink no matter which button is pressed.

I have removed the fuse which controls the horn, brake lights and security system. The horn quits functioning but it makes no difference with the security system.

I have taken the seat and trunk off and looked for the programming plug but it appears that I don't have one. (Is this possible?, I've detached the three fuse holder and looked all around and find no brown and white cable to ground). I've looked at pictures online that show the location and what it looks like but I don't see it.

I am very familier with this bike since I rebuilt it from a salvage pool. Any help would be appreciated. The nearest dealer is 3 hours away. :(

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,186 Posts
One more thing to try is continued cycling of the set - unset on the FOB. May take many tries (10, 20 or more cycles) but you will see different behavior when it has re-learned the codes. Short of a trip to the dealer there is a good article in the tech files that shows you how to by-pass the alarm altogether.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I tried to cycle the immobilizer 20 to 30 times with no avail. Finally I decided to get rid of the theft system completely since even if I get it working, I now don't have any confidence that it will not strand me someday.

I removed the entire system and spliced the wires as directed. Pin 3 (Black/White/Yellow) to Pin 11 (black/yellow), the starter relay. Then pin 10 (Green/Violet, switch power) to pin 6 (blue/violet, electronics relay). The instructions also said to splice pin 2 (blue/red, flasher module) to pin 10 & 6 but when I did this, the left marker lights stayed on and the blinker wouldn't work. I disconnected pin 2 and it works great.

Thanks to the forum, I am now riding again!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts