BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have an alarm manual. Can someone please post the procedure for disarming the alarm on a 2002 LT? Thanks

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,072 Posts
Al do you want to remove it altogether?

If so pull the 12 pin alarm connector (under the trunk) and jump pin 3 (black/white/yellow) to pin 11 (black/yellow) and then pin10 (green/violet) to pin 6 (blue/violet).

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jzeiler said:
Al do you want to remove it altogether?

If so pull the 12 pin alarm connector (under the trunk) and jump pin 3 (black/white/yellow) to pin 11 (black/yellow) and then pin10 (green/violet) to pin 6 (blue/violet).
John,
I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that there is a sequence you can do using the fod that disables it. Do you know anything about that?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,072 Posts
Drags, yes it should but I have not seen a 09 in person but I am sure it is the same.

Al,

There is a sequence for programming the immobilizer to off. thay way you don't need the FOB every time you start the bike. I think this is what you want.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jzeiler said:
Drags, yes it should but I have not seen a 09 in person but I am sure it is the same.

Al,

There is a sequence for programming the immobilizer to off. thay way you don't need the FOB every time you start the bike. I think this is what you want.
Thanks...

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,072 Posts
Oh the programming is a little different for the 05 -09 but the bypass is the same. Article in the tech files section.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After the battery to my bike has been disconnected the alarm sometimes sounds when it is reconnected. Of course disconnecting the battery again does not quite the alarm because it has an internal battery. Any idea how long the alarm will sound before the internal battery runs down? Once the battery has run down and the alarm stops will the bike start or will it still be disabled?

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,072 Posts
I think it only goes for 20 or 60 seconds and then silences. Just hit the FOB next time to shut it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts