BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All Ya All,

I know I have seen some posts on this subject but I can not seem to find them - apologies to all, but -

I installed a new BMW battery in my 2002 and now when I turn on the ignition key I get the screeching sounds of the alarm system - which shuts off after about 60 seconds and the bike will not start. The alarm cut-out is a wonderful feature but I would like to ride and my owner's manuals are at the house and not the office where I did the swap. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Is there a way to completely remove the alarm system, and still have an operational bike?
I purchased my LT used. It only came with one key fob, and the code for the alarm system is nowhere to be found. My local dealer was kind enough to obtain the alarm number while performing some recall work, and has sent it to BMW, but they never got back to him with the override code.
I never use the alarm, so I wouldn't miss it. Is this something that can be un-done once installed?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alarm Reset Fixed!!!

All Ya-All,

Brought back the alarm FOB and followed the instructions -WHA-LA!!! A new electrical heart and no more alarm resets.

I agree that if I had not squirreled all that stuff away, I would have been in deep DO DO as one responder put it. I have now attached the secret code in a secret place on the bike and have it in my wallet - for next time.

Regards,
Skozar

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yes, there are a couple of electrical connections that interrupt the fuel pump and I don't know what else. They could easily be undone and restored. You could remove the whole unit and save a couple of pounds, too! Just follow the alarm installation instructions in reverse.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Buck said:
Yes, there are a couple of electrical connections that interrupt the fuel pump and I don't know what else. They could easily be undone and restored. You could remove the whole unit and save a couple of pounds, too! Just follow the alarm installation instructions in reverse.
Hmmm, would anyone happen to have a set of alarm installation instructions they could send me?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Tat_n_Telle said:
Hmmm, would anyone happen to have a set of alarm installation instructions they could send me?
Why yes, yes I do. But I have to dig it out and photocopy it, then snail-mail it. I was just looking around the site to see if it might be posted somewhere. Seems to me there was a PDF of that floating around sometime back. Anyone...?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Similar problems...

Battery died, tried to jump the bike, forgot to turn off alarm with key fob (believe I'm in mode B), alarm went off. I now can't get the bike to even turn over.

I don't understand how to resolve this. I've pressed the button on my fob to deactivate the alarm, and it responded as normal, but still won't turn over. I then tried to do the key thing with my code, by turning the key on and off based on the blinking on the dashboard, still nothing.

What is the problem here? Someone please help, I'm desperate.

Thanks to any with advice.

Brian

·
Registered
878 Posts
It usually takes me several attempts to disable the alarm after disconnecting the battery. I get the two beeps the first few times I push the button on the fob even though the alarm is already set. I just keep pushing the fob button until I get the single beep.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
If you will send it to me, I will scan into a PDF and post it. Sending PM.

Buck said:
Why yes, yes I do. But I have to dig it out and photocopy it, then snail-mail it. I was just looking around the site to see if it might be posted somewhere. Seems to me there was a PDF of that floating around sometime back. Anyone...?

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think my alarm is in Mode B, it beeps twice when armed and once when disarmed.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
PDF Alarm Manual is Attached

Here you go . . .

I received the hard copy today and I have scanned it to a PDF, which is attached to this email.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: PDF Alarm Manual is Attached

Thank you for providing the .pdf file for the alarm installation. I need to take my alarm system out.

By the way I have been to you website many times looking for a pair of mirrors for my Titan Silver LT. Do you have any colored pair you could sell me?

Thanks,

Mac Musick
[email protected]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Re: Similar problems...

blavenia said:
Battery died, tried to jump the bike, forgot to turn off alarm with key fob (believe I'm in mode B), alarm went off. I now can't get the bike to even turn over.

I don't understand how to resolve this. I've pressed the button on my fob to deactivate the alarm, and it responded as normal, but still won't turn over. I then tried to do the key thing with my code, by turning the key on and off based on the blinking on the dashboard, still nothing.

What is the problem here? Someone please help, I'm desperate.

Thanks to any with advice.

Brian
Is the battery up to reasonable charge level?

·
Registered
11 Posts
astuber said:
It usually takes me several attempts to disable the alarm after disconnecting the battery. I get the two beeps the first few times I push the button on the fob even though the alarm is already set. I just keep pushing the fob button until I get the single beep.
FWIW, this was the post that saved me and my '03 LTE. The battery became discharged to the point that it barely lit the dash indicators. I put it on the charger overnight and everything came back, but pushing the started button only produced a nearly silent click that wouldn't repeat unless you waited two or three seconds. Headlight stayed bright, no draw anywhere, so I assumed the battery and connections were good and the anti-theft lockout was engaged. I was prepared to look for alarm bypass instructions, but thought I'd try the above first. I went out, operated the fob, setting and unsetting the alarm until I got something unusual. My bike these days flashes twice when the alarm sets, then flashes twice and beeps once when it's unset. When I set and unset it multiple times, it eventually flashed only once, so I set and unset it again (behaved normally) and it started right up!

Just wanted to say "thanks, guys!" and hope that this helps someone else scratching at their computer into the wee hours to finally run across this simple but useful tip. I love this site.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
CarSalesman said:
You will need the reprogram the alarm system to make "disabled" the default. The instructions are posted here in the FAQ.
I'm about to change my battery soon. My alarm on my my 2002 K12LTE is currently set at "B" meaning I have to manually arm it with the remote. Does this mean that I won't have to reprogram my alarm or that it shouldn't go off when the new battery goes in? I have the the books and the card from the original owner. But what I think is the alarm card has a box with a blacked out sticker on it where it says PIN. I also have 3 little oval stickers with a 5 digit number on them along with a black oval embossed with a number that begins with a letter (but I think that's the key code).

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Question.

What´s the solution if a used alarm is purchased WITHOUT the Pin code ( they lost it )?

Will the original fobs work with it ?.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts