BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why someone would want to install an aftermarket alarm, perhaps they felt it was necessary since the bike did not come equipped with one but I thought that was a standard item in 06.

At any rate, I have seen a number of posts to bypass but I would like to remove the alarm as it was draining the battery. The trick is in knowing which wires to cut and which to splice together without having another electrical issue.

Any thoughts and advice is, as always, greatly appreciated.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,414 Posts
I know all about removing a stock alarm and I was not aware there were any LTs delivered after 05 without an alarm but that may be the Canadian market. Either way the wire colors should be the same so we may be able to do it. OK I checked my SLP 2 DVD and it shows both engine electronics diagram and reverser diagram without an alarm so here we go.

Normally the alarm (factory) would interrupt the starter signal coming from/through the reverser controller and also interrupt the power to the engine electronics relay so I just have to find those on the diagram and see if those wires and colors are there at your alarm. I will post more later.

Look for a green/violet wire going to the alarm. May have to trace it from the alarm to where it is on the bike. This is the engine electronics relay power. Next look for a Black/yellow wire - this is the starter signal to the relay from the starter button may have to trace from the alarm to where it is on the bike.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John, you’re a life saver!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was able to follow the rogue electrical connections to where they spliced into the harness. Reconnected wires at the harness and removed whatever did not belong so hopefully I have not created other electrical issues that will be evident when I install the battery.

Thanks again for your help John!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts