BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to grow tired of carrying my alarm remote on one key ring and my key on the other. Or even on one of those key rings that separates for that matter. :mad:

Since the ignition switch is a fair distance up into the protection of the fairing on my K1200LT I was wondering if the remote might be weather resistant enough to be up there if I get caught in the rain on the same key ring as the ignition key? Does anyone do this and have no ill effects to the remote?

Thanks!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,921 Posts
I have seen a few that zip tied the remote to a hole drilled in the nice rubber backed key. Should not be an issue but it is not water proof. May have to dry it out to use it so I would program the immobilizer to "off" before going on a trip so you can start without the remote.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John!

It's pretty much the answer I was hoping for too! The previous owner was thoughtful enough to have already drilled a hole in one of the keys and set the alarm an immobilzer up that you have arm it with the remote.

Guess it'll stay dry enough in those thuderstorms you guys over in Alabama keep sending us!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Mine has been on my key & in the ignition for 4 years rain or shine with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts