BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am a caveman. :D I can't seem to get the alarm fob to lock the cases every time I activate it. I have read the manual and it really does not tell me anything about the locks. Sometimes they lock, sometimes not. Please help caveman. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Get GEICO, so easy a caveman could do it. Sorry, I just couldn't let that one go.

·
Registered
507 Posts
OU812 said:
OK I am a caveman. :D I can't seem to get the alarm fob to lock the cases every time I activate it. I have read the manual and it really does not tell me anything about the locks. Sometimes they lock, sometimes not. Please help caveman. :rolleyes:
I assume all covers are latched (sometimes my oddiments box does not close securely because of my tank bag) which could be an issue. Don't know what year your bike is, but attached is a copy of the alarm programing for a 2005 and up LT. Another forum member was kind enough to create it and post it in an older thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Huh?

All my alarm fob does is arm the alarm. If I want anything locked, I have to use the key. My LT is an '03, cavemen rode them things.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Well beside being a caveman, you're also an ex-Marine, Gunny. Is that a 1+1 = dumber? ;) :p

·
Registered
507 Posts
gunny said:
Huh?

All my alarm fob does is arm the alarm. If I want anything locked, I have to use the key. My LT is an '03, cavemen rode them things.
Excellent point! I'm not sure when central locking became available, I think 2005. Pressing the alarm button on the key fob my '07 cycles as follows: First press - locks the storage compartments; Second - arms the alarm; third - activates immobilizer

·
Registered
256 Posts
OU812 said:
Mine is an 02' and it has locked the cases a few times.
My '02 has never locked anything unless I first inserted and then turned the key... :D

·
Registered
659 Posts
JimH said:
My '02 has never locked anything unless I first inserted and then turned the key...
Same on my '03 LTE

BTW, there are two of us ex-marines riding '03 bikes (although one is never an ex-marine, I'm told)!!!:D Semper Fi, gunny!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts