BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Was Visiting A Friend At A Restaurant, When I Want To Leave The Remote Was Not Able To Disarm The Alarm And Immobiliser. A Lot Of Cars Alarms Were Going Off For No Reason, But This Was Where The Problem Started.

Bmw Obtained The Code And Used The Code To Start The Bike, But For Some Strange Reason The Information Did Not Want To Store In The Memory. If You Switch The Bike Off You Start From Scratch Using The Key And The Code. Bmw Then Check All The Fuses, Reprogrammed The Unit Disconnecting It Follow The Steps Of Earthing It Etc. Resynchronising The Remotes With No Success. Bmw Also Changed The Sealed Unit Also With No Success. Any Suggestion Of What Else We Can Try??

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,553 Posts
Often the dealers don't use the correct programming process. I have re-worded it in this article http://www.bmwlt.com/files/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=32] Program [/font]

If that is not sucessful and you wish to bypass the alarm altogether use http://www.bmwlt.com/files/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=28] Link to bypass [/font]
[font="Calibri","sans-serif"][/font]
[font="Calibri","sans-serif"][font="Verdana","sans-serif"]Skip the pin 2 jumper as itwill only light up the turn signals all the time. Just jump pin 10 and 6.[/font][/font]
[font="Calibri","sans-serif"][font="Verdana","sans-serif"][/font][/font]
[font="Calibri","sans-serif"][font="Verdana","sans-serif"]The US 05 was the same as the 04 overseas.[/font][/font]
[font="Calibri","sans-serif"][font="Verdana","sans-serif"]Good luck[/font][/font]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Re: Alarm/ Central Locking/ Immobiliser System K1200lt 2004 New Look

I Was Visiting A Friend At A Restaurant, When I Want To Leave The Remote Was Not Able To Disarm The Alarm And Immobiliser. A Lot Of Cars Alarms Were Going Off For No Reason, But This Was Where The Problem Started.

Bmw Obtained The Code And Used The Code To Start The Bike, But For Some Strange Reason The Information Did Not Want To Store In The Memory. If You Switch The Bike Off You Start From Scratch Using The Key And The Code. Bmw Then Check All The Fuses, Reprogrammed The Unit Disconnecting It Follow The Steps Of Earthing It Etc. Resynchronising The Remotes With No Success. Bmw Also Changed The Sealed Unit Also With No Success. Any Suggestion Of What Else We Can Try??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: Alarm/ Central Locking/ Immobiliser System K1200lt 2004 New Look

Thanks I just made a mistake with the year model it is a 2004 sorry.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,553 Posts
For some reason my links did not work in my previous post. Try this Program Link .

For the alarm system programming there is no "earthing" involved. That is why I think they were using the wrong method. Try the link this time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts