BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the battery ran down the alarm fuse popped and continues to trip without the key. I have read several threads that suggest the alarm is now OD and it was suggested to short pins 3 &4, and 5 & 6 to bypass it and restore the brake light and horn. The picture I saw on one post appears to be a different harness than mine and I suspect it might be from an older model. Does anyone know which pins to short on a 2009?:confused:

·
Registered
100 Posts
There are no pins to short on a 2009( just did mine) Its a series of steps with your clicker which I dont have available but did find it here

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
If you want to bypass the alarm altogether then follow this:

To get the bike running again you need to jumper the following pins on the 12 pin connector. Pin 3 (black/white/yellow) to pin 11 (black/yellow); this is the starter button signal to the starter relay. Then jumper pin 10 (green/violet, switched power) to pin 6 (blue/violet, engine electronics relay) and to pin 2 (green, flasher power). Now the bike will start and run normally.

The previous poster was describing turning the immobilizer off which is a common reversion when changing batteries to defaulting on.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just had to cut out the power feed on the 3 wire connector (Red/White) Now alarm is out of the way and my horn and brake light are OK.:)

Reactions: Airportech

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Usually that is not an issue but each alarm failure is different. Glad that solved the problem.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Yes The immobilizer function interrupts the engine electronics relay. You will bypass this see the other post.

Reactions: saddleman

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Yes and the same as post #3 above. It is not 5 wire jumpers put two sets: one with two wires and one with three. Also unplug the three pin plug at the alarm to stop blowing the fuse #4.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wondering if anyone has the wiring diagram for the alarm system (2005+). Mine also died (impressive amount of smoke from the unit when the fuse was replaced!), and while I am not real excited about replacing the original equipment alarm, I would like to restore the remote central locking. Several aftermarket (and much cheaper) units could fill the bill, but I would need to see the wiring to figure out how to connect them.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Look here for info on central locking.
BMW Illinois has a video on the bypass of the alarm that I helped him with on tech data. here

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Look here for info on central locking.
BMW Illinois has a video on the bypass of the alarm that I helped him with on tech data. here

1 - 12 of 12 Posts