BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been very useful supplying info regarding the many types of seats....none of which are cheap.

Does anyone out there use the Airhawk seat? There is not much info on this forum. I sure would like to know if they work, which one ( regular or Airhawk 2) and would you recommend it? I ride a 2012 RT1200 with a comfort seat.

Thanks for any info.

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
I have been using the regular Airhawk for about a year & 12,000 miles & love it. I like to be able to adjust the air depending on where & how I am riding. On the highway I put more air in. In the twisties I use less air so I don't move around as much.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I liked the Airhawk 2 but took advantage of a used Corbin from this site so I don't use it much anymore but it was sooooo much better than the stock LT seat.

·
Registered
127 Posts
rlindner said:
This forum has been very useful supplying info regarding the many types of seats....none of which are cheap.

Does anyone out there use the Airhawk seat? There is not much info on this forum. I sure would like to know if they work, which one ( regular or Airhawk 2) and would you recommend it? I ride a 2012 RT1200 with a comfort seat.

Thanks for any info.
I ordered an Airhawk R last week. I should be able to start riding with it this week. I ride about 25-30k miles per year, so it shouldn't be too long until I have some idea of how good it is or is not. I'll update this thread.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm one of those people that the Airhawk didn't work for. I returned mine, as I could never get comfortable with it, and I felt that it disconnected me too much from the bike.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have one of the competitors - the "freedom air". It's ok, better than the old Airhawks because of the relief V in the front for ....man parts. It's got a valve for both sides/cheeks.

It's not a custom seat but it helps my RT rides go a little further. You can see em at

www.longride.com

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have had my Air Hawk 2 for about 6 months and really like it.

I did a quick "SEARCH" and pulled up 185 threads on Air Hawk. Check out "Similar Threads" too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had mine for 2,000 miles now. Previously I took 4 Advil every 4 hours prior to and up to 12 hours after riding due to a tailbone issue. The week after I bought it, I did a Tucson to Alburquque NM roundtrip run and it proved its worth (1,000 miles). Since I've used the Airhawk, the Advils stay in the bottle. I spent the extra and went for the standard Airhawk, instead of the II and haven't been disappointed. Main difference is the longer warranty and better material. Only issue I have is it needs to be in the correct position or it puts pressure on where baseball players always scratch. Note: I ride an R1200R and my seat has a higher front and rear than most BMW seats. A stand up on the pegs when underway quickly fixes the problem. With their 60 day "no questions asked" return policy I don't see how you can go wrong. Try it and if you don't like send it back. Most you'll be out is shipping charges. Try that with a $500 + custom seat

Mother Goose

·
Registered
287 Posts
When I first got my 2010 RT, I knew that something had to be done about the seat. I wasn't sure what to get and I knew that aftermarket seats would be very expensive so I got an Airhawk as a temporary solution.

Now, 10,000 miles later, I am still using the Airhawk. In fact I just completed a 2,500 mile trip to the Smoky Mtn region and the Arirhawk has been fine. It has the advantage that it can be removed for "active riding" - I took it off for the 1000 miles of twisties that I did (e.g., Tail of the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshine 28) in that motorcycle playground. That's an advantage I had not anticipated.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
dthogey said:
I liked the Airhawk 2 but took advantage of a used Corbin from this site so I don't use it much anymore but it was sooooo much better than the stock LT seat.

Sorry, I have the Air Hawk. Not the Air Hawk II

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am very happy with my original Airhawk (medium Crusier). Doubles my saddle time between stops. Best of all, I can move it from one bike to another. Can't do that with a custom seat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts