BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I have used the search function and found confliction reports. I have a 2007 K1200lt and the Airhawk site says I should get the small duel sport seat. Some people say medium cruiser. What is the consensus?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have used the Medium-sized Airhawk on my Valkyrie. I believe it would work fine on the stock LT seat.

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
303 Posts
I have the medium cruiser AH and it fits the LT seat perfect IMHO, except for the top of the area near the gas tank. I don't sit up there, so no biggie. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
well, do you have a fat arse or a skinny one, no point going any wider than a medium cruiser, and they only take a little amount of air, you should still feel the seat through it not roll around on a balloon.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes. Don't over-inflate. I thought the Airhawk was pretty effective. After 2 years, it sprung a slow leak and I had to toss it. It got to the point where I had to re-inflate every gas stop. Irritating. If I wouldn't have gotten an LT, I probably would have upgraded to an aftermarket seat.

You may want to consider a beaded cover for your bike. I have always been skeptical, but last ,month my LT (with new Russell Day Long seat - grrrr) was running funny right before a scheduled trip, so I had to take the Valk to the Ozarks and I wanted a cheap means to stop my butt from going on strike. I got on Amazon and found a beaded pad for under $20. 3 days and 31 riding hours later, I can honestly say it helped a lot. Something to consider.....

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts
Anyone try a BeadRider over an Airhawk?

I have gotten by for 10 years with my stock LT seat and a Beadrider, however, on my last long trip I noticed that after 300 miles or so, I wasn't as comfortable as I used to be, particularly on two days when temps were 98-102.

I really don't want to invest in a custom seat on an 11 year old bike, but am thinking an Airhawk under my bead rider might help offset the aged foam in my seat and give me another year or two at which time I plan to get a new ride.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Never had a BeadRider, so I don't know how that goes. However I find that a sheepskin over AirHawk works great! https://alaskaleather.com/collections/sheepskin-buttpads
Cool in the summer heat and warm when cold. Only problem is have to remove them when parked, since they tend to walk away when out of site...

·
Premium Member
7,622 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Anyone try a BeadRider over an Airhawk?

I have gotten by for 10 years with my stock LT seat and a Beadrider, however, on my last long trip I noticed that after 300 miles or so, I wasn't as comfortable as I used to be, particularly on two days when temps were 98-102.

I really don't want to invest in a custom seat on an 11 year old bike, but am thinking an Airhawk under my bead rider might help offset the aged foam in my seat and give me another year or two at which time I plan to get a new ride.
I did exactly that on a trip from Texas to South Dakota. I started off with the beadrider over the air hawk from Fort Worth to Santa Fe. It worked pretty well for air flow and fairly comfortable. When I left No to head to Walden, CO I removed the beadrider due to the cooler temps but left the air hawk. I never put the beadrider back on.
The air hawk seems to flow nearly as much air and is very comfortable once you find the right amount of air for you. Like the beadrider, if you are feeling a bit warm just raise up and let the air flow through for a few seconds and your good to go. I rode 1,100 miles from South Dakota to Fort Worth through cool morning, hot afternoon and raining evening and it performed very well. No swamp butt, monkey butt or pain when I rode into the garage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts