BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what size AIRHAWK those who have chosen to go that route (over the many other options discussed on this board) are using?

I found one mention of using Medium, and one of Large, but for the most part the sizing was never discussed.

I have decided to get one for myself and one for the Queen's seat and would love to hear what size you all have found to be suitable.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
I'm curious what size AIRHAWK those who have chosen to go that route (over the many other options discussed on this board) are using?

I found one mention of using Medium, and one of Large, but for the most part the sizing was never discussed.

I have decided to get one for myself and one for the Queen's seat and would love to hear what size you all have found to be suitable.

Thanks in advance!
I bought the large cruiser and really liked it until I bought a Corbin seat. I have it for sale now. I listed it a long time ago and not sure if it's still in the classifieds or not.

PM me if you are interested in buying it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I have an '09 stock seat
I am using a large Airhawk. But I would imagine it would depend mainly on the model year. I am not saying this with much authority but from reading some threads and some pictures the older models don't have the same seat configuration as mine. Plus on earlier bikes there was a comfort seat option. Hope I'm not wrong with my info or summation.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
62 Posts

Thanks in advance!
Hi I've just bought a medium size I came to this choice through reading the feedback on this forum, the medium fits and does the job, I think the large would be too large for the riders seat on the LT
Bren

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the large Cruiser and It fits my Corbin seat just right. The reason I use mine is to get a tad higher in the seat as the Previous Owner ordered the "LOW" option on the Corbin. Very Comfy!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In addition to the much appreciated feedback, after I posted the original post I found some threads that came up that seemed to evade my searches that mostly pointed to medium also.

That actually is a relief as I was looking at the new "R" version which is slated towards those with prostate issues (stinks getting older... or so I hear) and it appears to very close in size to the Medium Cruiser in dimensions.

Does anybody have any feedback as what the optimal size for the passenger has worked out to be? The pillion versions seem to be just rectangles, which doesn't look like it would be very comfy.

Thanks!
Tim

·
Registered
2017 R1200RT
303 Posts
I use a stock saddle and have the medium cruiser on the front and the "R" for the passenger. The medium fills the whole seat except the few inches near the gas tank (horn?) which I don't seat on and the "R" fits the rear seat great and follows the contour between the front/rear seat and will work with the driver backrest if installed.

Hope this helps.

Sammy

·
Registered
54 Posts
I went the Russell route after trying the Airhawk for a while. Never could get the air pressure where it felt just right. I am using the Airhawk at my desk now to help take the load off! It says 14"x14" inside it, cruiser medium. It fit great on the bike.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts