BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Folks,

I have been wearing my Hi Viz Airglide with a liner for two or three years. At the NYC IMS show, I picked up a Gerbings liner. I know it's not as waterproof at the Olympia liner, but can you use it as the liner just for cold protection?

Will the microwire provide enough heat to compensate for the mesh jacket?

I would put it to the test but my LT is still snowed in and we're now expecting another 8+ inches of that crappy white stuff tomorrow. Needless to say, I won't be seeing my Lt for another month or so.

·
Registered
64 Posts
RVB1019 said:
Good Evening Folks,

I have been wearing my Hi Viz Airglide with a liner for two or three years. At the NYC IMS show, I picked up a Gerbings liner. I know it's not as waterproof at the Olympia liner, but can you use it as the liner just for cold protection?

Will the microwire provide enough heat to compensate for the mesh jacket?

I would put it to the test but my LT is still snowed in and we're now expecting another 8+ inches of that crappy white stuff tomorrow. Needless to say, I won't be seeing my Lt for another month or so.
I have the Airglide as well. I've also been using a Gerbings liner for years. I can't imagine that even the heated liner could compensate for the wind coming through the Airglide, but I guess it would depend on how cold it is. I've always used the heated liner under a windproof jacket and it's worked great down to about 20 degrees. Below that I think you're screwed no matter what you have on.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I went to the FL Ride-to -Eat at the River Ranch 3 weeks ago. Going south was pretty cold. I had 4 layers on including the Airglide 2 and its liner. Temps were in the upper 20s rising to 60s in FL. Coming home with temps in the high 30s all the way, I had on 5 layers. Both directions I wore a Starter cold weather compression shirt as the base layer. I'm not sure how well the compression shirt worked, as I felt the cold. I have Gerbing's gloves, but nothing else heated. I've already decided that long distance travel in cold weather will require some more heated gear. Maybe even for the feet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
It will depend on the air tempature & material the liner is made out of.

Warm & Safe liners use •Breathable Shells with Wind Stop & Moisture Block

I'm not sure about gerbings material

1 - 4 of 4 Posts