BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My LT is all over the garage because of a 24K service project & Other wiring work.

I was servicing air filter and noticed how long the airbox intake was ... Attached out at the end, a Muffler :rolleyes:

For giggles I cut zip tye and removed 1 bolt dropping the @10" long intake pipe/muffler.
Noticed the intake size was MUCH larger at connection point where tube attached.

** With all the stuff over this part of bike, tank,fairings & such, Will intake noise be heard ?
Will bike breath any better ?

Pros / Cons ? :confused:

Thanks.
Scott

·
Registered
13,451 Posts

·
Senior Member (ret.)
10,857 Posts
With all the fairing plastic and stuff, you might get a bit more noise but not the full effect.

Tom Gallo modified his by putting a K&N cone filter. He probably can answer this better than moi.

Off topic slightly: On my K12R, I opened the second airbox and put in Evoluzione filters in both boxes (The K1200S has two filters while the R is de-tuned by blocking the left air filter location) and removed the intake cone on the right. There definitely is a growl now. Supposed to increase HP significantly. Dyno will tell.

So, it is conceivable that you might get a bit better performance or lose some if you can't get that ram air effect by removing the cone.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts