BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled my air intake sensor today. I think the dealer plugged it back in when he did the clutch job for me. I never experienced any type of hesitation before and now that when it finally got hot our I have noticed it. Now that it is off can I expect to see a drop in gas mileage or will the computer lean out at highway speeds?

Marty :bmw:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
MartyBlok said:
I just pulled my air intake sensor today. I think the dealer plugged it back in when he did the clutch job for me. I never experienced any type of hesitation before and now that when it finally got hot our I have noticed it. Now that it is off can I expect to see a drop in gas mileage or will the computer lean out at highway speeds?

Not sure what model year you have, Marty - butt when my dealer pulled the air temp sensor from ole Toad, a '99, the only thing I noticed wuz the requirement to always use high-test gasmolina - which I always have anyway. I don't recall any changes in gas mileage - just the elimination of any hesitation in warm weather riding.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is a 99 also. I ride fairly conservatively but have been know to get on it sometimes. I just didn't want to have it go from a pretty good gas mileage machine to one that developed a thirst for the good stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts