BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
Yes a lot of us use the Slime compressor. I took the pump out of the hard case & mounted it under the top case. Mounted the switch under the front seat & have a 15 foot coiled hose I plug in to it. I power it from the Battery Tender lead on the battery when I need air.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I've owned a Coleman, a Craftsman and bought a Slime air compressor last year. The Slime compressor is my least favorite for 2 reasons. I find it to be a slow pump and being very lite weight, it isn't built as sturdy as the others. But it is the least expensive.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've carried one for years with absolutely NO NEED for it! THEN......one day, on the LT, my back tire went flat out in the middle of nowhere. The two other guys immediately started talking about "who to call for towing". I calmly put the bike on the center stand, rotated the wheel to find the nail, pulled out the tire plug and plugged the tire. They said "that's cool..but whatcha gonna do for air bright guy?". Pulled out the compressor, plugged it in to the accessory outlet, pumped it up and off we went. I didn't care that the compressor took 3 or 4 minutes to pump the tire up.

It also gave me a great appreciation for the sidewalls of this Metzler tire. I rode quite a while thinking something was wrong with the "front" tire...the way it effected the steering. The sidewalls didn't let the tire go completely flat.

It was a "bad news" "good news" day!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I have the slime also, used it many times, we don't have free are at the service stations around here. Come to think of it we don't have service stations around here. :rolleyes: But if you need something to eat or drink at a gas stop you're in.

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have one, but knock on wood, I have only used it once when I first purchased it as a test. It seemed to work fine although took a few minutes, but I can live with that if I am in the middle of nowhere and need air. It is a nice light slim package and inexpensive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok I am convinced. If its good enought for you guy`s, it`s good enought for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts