BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tricks to removing the air box?

I've got the tank off so that I can get at the micro switch for the Cruise control on the throttle.

All I can see to do is remove or loosen the C-clamps around the throttle bodies?

Best from Becket MA
Bob

·
Registered
594 Posts
No tricks as far as I can recall. Only trick perhaps being how to open the quick disconnect-type of clamps. Using "flathead" screw driver pop the clamps open (hard to explain). I did replace the QD-clamps with screw-type when re-installing. If you would do the same - mind the way they are installed. In worst case the clamp might limit / affect to the throttle functionality..

·
Registered
306 Posts
Bob,
I found it easier to loosen the lower clamps below the throttle bodies and tilt the airbox/TB assembly away from the bike as a unit. Here is a photo.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
drifter36 said:
Bob,
I found it easier to loosen the lower clamps below the throttle bodies and tilt the airbox/TB assembly away from the bike as a unit. Here is a photo.

Bob
Are you really sure that is the easier way? From the looks of one (leftmost / #4) TB-rubber the installation was perhaps not as easy as the removal? ;)

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,351 Posts
I am with Bob on this one - I prefer to remove the TB. It looks like #4 was not istalled properly the previous time it was off. Normally this is not an issue if you are careful.

·
Registered
306 Posts
C-A-D said:
Are you really sure that is the easier way? From the looks of one (leftmost / #4) TB-rubber the installation was perhaps not as easy as the removal? ;)
Not to steal the post, but I was looking for a vacuum leak......and found it! Someone had crushed the boot into place.

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts