BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am proof of that.
We all hope to grow old but do we accept the limitations that come with that.
My last summer was great and am planning for another one. But in between are the highs and lows. Things started right after I returned from my extended trip. If it's OK to vent here is the uniqueness of it all. 3 weeks away from my routine gave way to me forgetting some of my pass words around the computer. Elevate to the next level and I was forgetting simple things, heap on that family bereavement and I could notice a pace slower. Fast forward to the holidays and the new year went to pick up wife in NC.
On the return made it pass W Lafayette IN on 65 and the snows came. Nothing new since I live in the snow belt. But further north the heavier it got until I encountered several white out in a 35 mile stretch. Could not stop, get off or go faster whenever headlights hit my rearview mirror. Eventually I made it home and it has been snowing up until this week. I see I have quite a few threads to catch up on and our revamped new forum.
Happy New Year everyone.
ride safe

·
Registered
688 Posts
Bill,
just remember, "Riding is life. All else is just waiting." I am paraphrasing someone, I just don't know who.

Ultra LT

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill,
just remember, "Riding is life. All else is just waiting." I am paraphrasing someone, I just don't know who.

Ultra LT
How right you are
Travel is my lifeline. When not on the bike then in a cage but moving all the same. My travel from your fair state in January saw the hazards of winter on the hwy. and my only prayer was to make it beyond that.
ride safe :bmw:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
On the return made it pass W Lafayette IN on 65 and the snows came. Nothing new since I live in the snow belt. But further north the heavier it got until I encountered several white out in a 35 mile stretch. Could not stop, get off or go faster whenever headlights hit my rearview mirror. Eventually I made it home and it has been snowing up until this week.
Sounds like it's time for Plan B as in Bail Out and get yourself a winter home in the South :D

Aging sucks for sure, especially when prior injuries start to reassert themselves.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it's time for Plan B as in Bail Out and get yourself a winter home in the South :D

Aging sucks for sure, especially when prior injuries start to reassert themselves.
Bail Out would be perfect
If someone was giving it to me. But on a fixed income my toy gets first consideration:rotf:

Aging is inevitable if you spend any time on this earth. My hope is to run out the sting. And enjoy every moment that I have. Have to be judicious and prioritize at the same time. All's good

·
Registered
76 Posts
Today is my birthday, 71. Beautiful day here in California. I don't have a BMW anymore, but I have two smaller Suzuki 650s. Lately I've been golfing, not riding, but seeing this forum and remembering the Curve Cowboy Reunions that I attended makes me want to do some trips again. This Spring I will be all over the west coast. The only thing age has done is shorten the riding days and miles. Love it as much as ever.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today is my birthday, 71. Beautiful day here in California. I don't have a BMW anymore, but I have two smaller Suzuki 650s. Lately I've been golfing, not riding, but seeing this forum and remembering the Curve Cowboy Reunions that I attended makes me want to do some trips again. This Spring I will be all over the west coast. The only thing age has done is shorten the riding days and miles. Love it as much as ever.
Congrats on your Septuagenarian plateau
I was not pointing out that number but thinking out loud as we wine down that highway of life how we contemplate many different urges around every bend in the road. Do I exit or do I continue, do I go back or did I miss something, need I speed up or slow down. I am just saying it is good to be in that position faced with so many options. And the more years we add to the journey the longer the road gets. Just saying at 62 . . . I envy those who have traveled ahead of me. Keep going and going and goin' . . . .
ride safe:bmw:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Congrats on your Septuagenarian plateau
I was not pointing out that number but thinking out loud as we wine down that highway of life how we contemplate many different urges around every bend in the road. Do I exit or do I continue, do I go back or did I miss something, need I speed up or slow down. I am just saying it is good to be in that position faced with so many options. And the more years we add to the journey the longer the road gets. Just saying at 62 . . . I envy those who have traveled ahead of me. Keep going and going and goin' . . . .
ride safe:bmw:
A big +1.

On what you both said. Bike snowed in the shed, 2' snow around it.

Looking for the riding season to get here.

Turning 75 in August. IKwill not be waiting for either of you.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A big +1.

On what you both said. Bike snowed in the shed, 2' snow around it.

Looking for the riding season to get here.

Turning 75 in August. IKwill not be waiting for either of you.

Only way to catch you is if you slow down
And this winter has certainly slowed all of us in the north down. Snow removal is my daily outing in the winter months but everytime I open the garage for this chore I see my machine under the cover and reminded of things to come. Awe the possibilities just great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts