BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever get one?

I am interested in maybe pickinp up another LT and selling my GSA.

Anyone got one?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have the Pinnacle Diamond plan, and it has more than paid for itself with two center stands and a rider and pax seat. I would buy it again in a heartbeat!

Also, if you buy your bike from a private party, you can still buy the plan from a dealership. I bought my from Lone Star BMW in Austin, Texas. Great service before and after the purchase, even four years after! I would not hesitate to buy my plan through them.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get the value of the warranty.

Anyone know what they paid recently?

Paul

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think I paid 1200.00 for an extended warranty on my 09 LT, about 7 months ago.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chipper said:
I think I paid 1200.00 for an extended warranty on my 09 LT, about 7 months ago.
I just talked to the Dealer and they informed me that the ext warranty, 3 years unlimited miles on the LT 09 was $1760. From what the girl was saying it is based on the engine size.

This is for an out of factory extended warranty from RPM one.

This was coincidently the same for the GSA that I am thinking of selling..

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have never bought an extended warranty on anything, believing that it is a waste of money. That was a good choice when I bought my '00 LT in 2005 so when I bought my '05 LT last fall I opted out again. Probably not the best choice this time. I had to fix the "cow bell" rear rotor problem which first made itself evident about the time I got home with the bike and took me about a month of research on this site to properly diagnose. When I put the bike under the cover for the winter at about Thanksgiving time, I noticed an oil leak for the first time. I have been worried ever since that I have a main seal leak. If that is the case, the extended warranty would have been money well spent. As it is now, I am gearing up to take on that repair myself. It will be a good learning experience, but I would rather be riding.

Tips

1 - 6 of 6 Posts