BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,260 Posts
I didn't hear you mention to add some light grease to the new wires and ball pins. It helps to hold them on better. Also you want a small gap all the way around the mating area on the bike.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't hear you mention to add some light grease to the new wires and ball pins. It helps to hold them on better. Also you want a small gap all the way around the mating area on the bike.
Thanks John!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Purchased the "Chinese" mirrors with built in turn signals. Cost more to have them painted but after a few thousand miles, no problems thus far.

LIFE IS FOR THE LIVING

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
My left front mirror mount apparently broke as it is now flopping back and forth. I am hoping some electrical tape will hold it in place until I get home and can do a more percent repair. I repaired my right front mirror many years ago with some sheet ABS and ABS cement and it has held thus far.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
My left front mirror mount apparently broke as it is now flopping back and forth. I am hoping some electrical tape will hold it in place until I get home and can do a more percent repair. I repaired my right front mirror many years ago with some sheet ABS and ABS cement and it has held thus far.
Aren't you riding yet? >:)

·
Premium Member
7,623 Posts
Aren't you riding yet? >:)
Of course! Taped the mirror gap with electrical tape and that firmed up the mirror nicely. Hopefully, it lasts to Alaska and back. :grin:

Reactions: bmwcoolk1200
1 - 7 of 7 Posts