BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a stereo bluetooth, noise cancelling, for phone, music, and talking to my passenger. We are wearing ARAI Vector-2 helmets.
Any educated guesses or suggestions?
The searching I have done is mind boggling confusing...lol
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,595 Posts
This report from Web Bike World is a little dated now but they have addition testing for newer intercoms posted. I don't think you can go wrong if you stay with the top makers. Read this report. and after that ask more questions if needed. BTW, I bought the Sena SMH10.
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,460 Posts
johnbaker15 said:
This report from Web Bike World is a little dated now but they have addition testing for newer intercoms posted. I don't think you can go wrong if you stay with the top makers. Read this report. and after that ask more questions if needed. BTW, I bought the Sena SMH10.
+1 for the Sena units. Good customer service in my experience. I listen to music thru iPhone and chit chat with rider friend.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Another vote for the Sena SMH10. Wife and I have been using them for several years. The newer units have a micro USB interface for charging AND firmware updates. Good gear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
96 Posts
Wife and I have been using the Scala G4 as bike to bike com and individual music for the past few months and are very happy with them. My only comment is that I need to turn the volume up on my phone when I connect it via blue tooth. If I leave the phone at a medium volume, it is hard to hear phone conversations at highway speeds.
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,603 Posts
Another Vote for the Cardo Scala G4. We've had ours over a year & they work GREAT. One good thing is the long battery life. I have had mine on & in use (Music from bike & cel phone use) for over 16 hours & it was still going strong.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
After trying the Scala I switched to a Camos system and found it to have less distortion and better volume. The instruction manual that it comes with is a POS but there are multiple websites and uTube tutorials on pairing. I am now using the Sharktooth system in my Shark Evolline. It is a very good system but I do not think the sound quality is quite as clear as the Camos. Another advantage of the Camos IMHO is that the boom mike can be disconnected if you are just listening to music and gps directions and do not want it for intercom or phone functions. I would advise at least including the Camos in your on-line exploration of which unit you may eventually purchase.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Cochinosucio said:
I am looking for a stereo bluetooth, noise cancelling, for phone, music, and talking to my passenger. We are wearing ARAI Vector-2 helmets.
Any educated guesses or suggestions?
The searching I have done is mind boggling confusing...lol

Sena SMH-10...great product...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,565 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
after a month of review and online reading i dcided to buy smh10 last monday on revzilla.

revzilla is taking a week to deliver the headset though. :confused: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
LTFan said:
after a month of review and online reading i dcided to buy smh10 last monday on revzilla.

revzilla is taking a week to deliver the headset though. :confused: :confused:

I just got a dual pack from Cli-Max riding gear that shipped the same day I ordered them for $275.00 all in. They work great and I like them much more than my buddies Scala G4's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
I have the Scala Rider Teamset Pro - bluetooth connectivity to your phone, mp3, and com between rider and passenger. A great price, too, if you're only looking to connect with your pillion. The G4 will connect up to 6 others, which is nice if you're riding with other bikes with G4's. The com volume is great, but the mp3 has a bit to be desired.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top