BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a better screen for my 2015 RT and would appreciate other people's opinion. I thought there might be a quieter and more effective screen available and ideally it will also fit a 1250RT as I expect to upgrade within months. I'm in South australia so would also appreciate Aussie or USA suggestions. Any suggestions? Thanks, Wayne

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a better screen for my 2015 RT and would appreciate other people's opinion. I thought there might be a quieter and more effective screen available and ideally it will also fit a 1250RT as I expect to upgrade within months. I'm in South australia so would also appreciate Aussie or USA suggestions. Any suggestions? Thanks, Wayne
G'day Mac.

I have the screen that Rambler358 posted above on my 15 model - and it works very, very well. It certainly is more effective and quieter than stock. Only issue that you may have is that the new 1250 RT screen(TFT model) has different mounting hole locations, so the 2020 screen may not fit on the new model.

I tend to use the larger screen in winter - which does get slightly cool here in Melbourne, and use either the stock screen, or the Z technik screen in the warmer months.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Definitely the Werks QuietRide, which is the same as in the link posted above! I had been using that shield on my previous '15 RT for many years.

See more data here: https://werksparts.com/quiet-ride-bmw-windshield Terry (realshelby) designed and developed the shield and 7Jurock is the manufacturer.

·
Registered
2016 BMW R1200RT Premium in San Marino blue
5 Posts
Hi MacBM,

First - have a glass of Shiraz on me. I'm big fan of Barossa Valley. IMHO Elderton Command Shiraz is by far the best Shiraz out there under AUD100.

Second - watch this video by "Chris on the street". Best analysis I've seen of the various options.
Aeroflow and Werks Windshields for R1200RTW - YouTube

FYI Werks now makes 24" and 26" tall windshields, just like the Aeroflow (they weren't at the time that . I chose the Werks 26" because I didn't like the purple hue on the Aeroflow, also a little less dear.
Are R1200RT wethead windshields size-compatible with the R1250RT>

·
Registered
495 Posts
Again, the 20
Definitely the Werks QuietRide, which is the same as in the link posted above! I had been using that shield on my previous '15 RT for many years.

See more data here: https://werksparts.com/quiet-ride-bmw-windshield Terry (realshelby) designed and developed the shield and 7Jurock is the manufacturer.
The 2014-2020 RT screen listed in the link is NOT the same as the WERKS Quiet Ride!
Due to confusion over pricing and other things the Quiet Ride was made exclusive to WERKS. ONLY available through WERKS.

As for the "Chris on the Street" comparison....that was flawed. Comparing a shorter screen to a taller screen is NOT a review. He should have known better. That the WERKS was still that close in performance tells a lot.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Real Shelby - you might want to rotate the photos of the 21 bike, they are upside down - Still loving my screen I bought a few years ago

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can recommend these:

Hi MacBM,

First - have a glass of Shiraz on me. I'm big fan of Barossa Valley. IMHO Elderton Command Shiraz is by far the best Shiraz out there under AUD100.

Second - watch this video by "Chris on the street". Best analysis I've seen of the various options.
Aeroflow and Werks Windshields for R1200RTW - YouTube

FYI Werks now makes 24" and 26" tall windshields, just like the Aeroflow (they weren't at the time that . I chose the Werks 26" because I didn't like the purple hue on the Aeroflow, also a little less dear.
Are R1200RT wethead windshields size-compatible with the R1250RT>
Thanks - excellent review. I hadn't seen that guy before, so thanks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Real Shelby - you might want to rotate the photos of the 21 bike, they are upside down - Still loving my screen I bought a few years ago
Hmmm....not when I look at them. Are you on a phone?
Trust me, I am glad to hear of problems. I built the website....so anything can be expected!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just installed my Quiet Ride and took it for a run....major difference. I don't here any wind at all....just bike and the tires rolling. I have a cardo for music and will still use ear plugs to cut down on the noise.
I was amazed at how low I could put the screen before I began to feel the wind.

·
Registered
324 Posts
G'day Mac.

I have the screen that Rambler358 posted above on my 15 model - and it works very, very well. It certainly is more effective and quieter than stock. Only issue that you may have is that the new 1250 RT screen(TFT model) has different mounting hole locations, so the 2020 screen may not fit on the new model.

I tend to use the larger screen in winter - which does get slightly cool here in Melbourne, and use either the stock screen, or the Z technik screen in the warmer months.

Cheers,
If you are looking for the Z Technic screens there is a guy here in Newcastle that has a hobby bike accessories business, His name is Rod and Mototoys is his web page the stuff he sells works out cheaper than trying to import them yourself with our exchange rates and GST along with postage from the USA is way over the top in a lot of cases it is as much as the items are.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just installed my Quiet Ride and took it for a run....major difference. I don't here any wind at all....just bike and the tires rolling. I have a cardo for music and will still use ear plugs to cut down on the noise.
I was amazed at how low I could put the screen before I began to feel the wind.
I have the Werks, too. I like it, but it blocks wind so well that it's hot riding. I also have a Russell Daylong saddle and Illium bar risers. If you get a Werks, don't assume that taller is better. Contact RealShelby, and go with what he recommends for you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts