BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at LT stuff on Ebay the other day and ran into new after market mirrors.
Item number 140339192305.

Made in china and I only see gray but has anyone looked at these or bought them?

Thought some of you may want to know there looks like a new alternative to the BMW ones.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If I needed mirrors, I wouldn't think twice about ordering them. It looks like they are a rather reputable seller. The mirrors look better than my bug splattered ones on the bike.

If they were really smart they would have an integrated tether wire and clip system. That would put them way over the top of any OEM mirrors.

I looked at the seller's picture......what kind of bike is that? It looks like a beemer, but I can't tell for sure.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
cealbrecht said:
I looked at the seller's picture......what kind of bike is that? It looks like a beemer, but I can't tell for sure.
It is a BMW and either a R1100RT or R1150LT.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Is there a way to repair the clips on the OEM mirrors? My left side mirror has a broken clip and I'd like to repair the clip rather than buy a new and expensive mirror.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you do a search you will find someone just did a repair with epoxy and window screen mesh. Looks like it worked well. It was in the k1200lt area and about 1-2 weeks ago I believe

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did a repair on mine using epoxy to rebuild the section around the hole that retains the clip. I used a good amount of epoxy and laid in some cloth to give it some addes strength and it has been working fine.

If your damage is enough that would require you to disassemble the retaining plate then you could do a search here for some tips on removing the mirror.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Tom1200 said:
If you do a search you will find someone just did a repair with epoxy and window screen mesh. Looks like it worked well. It was in the k1200lt area and about 1-2 weeks ago I believe
That was me... here is the link mess #11. http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48762

So far it is holding & seems tighter than original.

Thanks also to the post for the replacement mirrors, they look good & my color too :).

·
Registered
446 Posts
Mike_H said:
Is there a way to repair the clips on the OEM mirrors? My left side mirror has a broken clip and I'd like to repair the clip rather than buy a new and expensive mirror.
Last year there was a post where some used superstrong magnets to repair the mirrors, I think, on an RT. I am at work when I get home I think I saved the link to the magnet dealer. I am leaning toward that method of fixing the mirrows if they get real bad.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tom1200 said:
I was looking at LT stuff on Ebay the other day and ran into new after market mirrors.
Item number 140339192305.

Made in china and I only see gray but has anyone looked at these or bought them?

Thought some of you may want to know there looks like a new alternative to the BMW ones.
I bought a pair. They need to work on there packaging. One arived with a broken mirror. They are going to replace it. Shipping was quick, 6 days. I have not installed them yet so I don't know how they will fit and or vibrate. Chrome is bright and paint work is good. The clips look just likw BMW's.
You would think, if they went to the effort to reverse engineer these things they would try to improve the product.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
$300 bucks for both mirrors! That's what I paid for parts when I broke my left one last year. It was $400 for a complete new one.
That's a heck of a deal as long as they fit up right.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't write to the guy and he said they didn't try and strengthen the design around the clips. It is hard to say because their English isn't very good and he was having some trouble telling me what they did. I am not sure if they can or can't paint to the color needed.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Tom1200 said:
I didn't write to the guy and he said they didn't try and strengthen the design around the clips. It is hard to say because their English isn't very good and he was having some trouble telling me what they did. I am not sure if they can or can't paint to the color needed.
No wonder you're not sure about anything. You DIDN'T (see above) write to the guy. Write him!

Still lovin' the MOPs and Mic's I picked up from you... :D

Jer

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Tom1200 said:
I stumbled on them as well. Emailed the Manufacture for some additional info. He stated he does not have OEM paint but he could get it close... FWIW. :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone tested these on the bike yet? Also how close is the silver to oem on the LT? I need the Titan Silver. Has anyone check that too?

Thanks
Jeff

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, on my return from VA beach yesterday - great day for a 600 mile ride - I hit a hole on the Cross Bronx mine field that jarred my teeth and popped both mirrors. The tethers held for the next 1/2 mile until I hit another crater (pulling over is suicide at the point was at). The lrft mirror went bouncing off to the side but the right held. Finally got over and re-attached the remaining mirror. Riding blind to the rear is a bitch. Riding the rest of the way to MA with no left mirror forced me to cruise in the passing lane the whole trip :), my usual location. Anyway, I'm ordering these this week unless I can find a used left mirror, Impala brown for a 2003 LT. Anybody? :histerica

·
Registered
360 Posts
Received the left mirror I ordered. The gray paint is a good match for the fairing gray. They mount just like the original. The only problem I have found is the glass tends to vibrate more than the oem. For $150 I'll work with it. :histerica

1 - 20 of 31 Posts