BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Army has made it difficult for me to officially join this club but on Thursday I picked up this 05. Didn't think it had any farkles when I agreed to buy it but when I picked it up it had the Corbin seat, Cee Bailey windshield, alarm and the comm system (which I still don't know how to use). Rode it 3.5 hours home. I am still learning how to stop right and hold it up but moving this thing is everything I dreamed of. Thanks for your help so far and hopefully I will add to the club soon. I am currently in Tulsa but am moving to Williamsburg VA in 2 months. :wave

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. Looks like a cream puff to me. You are going to enjoy every minute you ride the beast.
Cheers!
Jim :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
222 Posts
PrimePower said:
The Army has made it difficult for me to officially join this club but on Thursday I picked up this 05. Didn't think it had any farkles when I agreed to buy it but when I picked it up it had the Corbin seat, Cee Bailey windshield, alarm and the comm system (which I still don't know how to use). Rode it 3.5 hours home. I am still learning how to stop right and hold it up but moving this thing is everything I dreamed of. Thanks for your help so far and hopefully I will add to the club soon. I am currently in Tulsa but am moving to Williamsburg VA in 2 months. :wave
Welcome aboard. You are going to love the beast! Ride and enjoy! Thanks for your service.
Ken

·
Registered
809 Posts
Nice buy, better bike.

Ride safe!
Curt

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Congratulations Prime on you purty new gray LT. I've had min less than 2 weeks and I almost howl with elation when I ride.

I believe you failed to mention one of the top farkles under $500. The backrest! Or do they come standard equipment with those fancy Corbin seats.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Welcome to the asylum! Any questions just ask and someone should jump in! Looked at your profile and cant help wondering what a marine engineer is doing in Tulsa.

·
Registered
910 Posts
NOGILLS2 said:
Welcome to the asylum! Any questions just ask and someone should jump in! Looked at your profile and cant help wondering what a marine engineer is doing in Tulsa.
Hmm ya think he might be from the Asylum as well?

Marine engineer huh? I never knew trains went on the water////

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Cool. Congratulations. :cool:

Your '05 is the same color as mine, but you have the better-looking (in my opinion) black seats and trim. Mine has the light gray; black looks so much nicer, I think.

The only problem with your Corbin seat is that you'll never know how lousy the stock seat is (at least, for most owners; some have no issues with it).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with the lousy seat. My (new to me in March) has the OEM and I am researching just which one I want to replace it with. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the compliments. On the job part, I came in the Army Infantry, then went to Prime Electrical Power for a few years. They then sent me on recruiting duty here in Tulsa. While assigned here I was accepted to become a Warrant Officer (was a SSG) for Marine Engineering (yes we have boats). So I went to school and graduated but before I could go to my basic course to learn more about my job we didn't have enough people to start so I am pushed back till November. So now I am the acting Company Executive Officer of the Tulsa Recruiting Company. Really now though I am just doing investigations on allegations of recruiting improprieties. I am moving to Williamsburg in June to get on a Tug Boat or something for some OJT.

I love riding this bike, too much rain right now. :mad:

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I waited until I retired to buy mine. Too many kids and too many moves. Kids gone and staying put now so the bike was top on my list. I love mine as well. I echo the comments about the seat. Having the Corbin up front will add to your enjoyment. Thanks for your service!

Ken

2009LT

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
AND, look at that smile!!!!
The worst part about wearing a helmet, people can't see it. :)

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
PrimePower said:
Thanks for all the compliments. On the job part, I came in the Army Infantry, then went to Prime Electrical Power for a few years. They then sent me on recruiting duty here in Tulsa. While assigned here I was accepted to become a Warrant Officer (was a SSG) for Marine Engineering (yes we have boats). So I went to school and graduated but before I could go to my basic course to learn more about my job we didn't have enough people to start so I am pushed back till November. So now I am the acting Company Executive Officer of the Tulsa Recruiting Company. Really now though I am just doing investigations on allegations of recruiting improprieties. I am moving to Williamsburg in June to get on a Tug Boat or something for some OJT.

I love riding this bike, too much rain right now. :mad:
I hope you like the boats! I spent over 30 years running the Mississippi River and the Gulf Intracoastal waterway, and now teaching Marine Sciences!

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
PrimePower said:
Nice, where do you teach at?
NoGills (Gilles) is over in Louisiana.. not far from Baton Rouge..

My Pop has retired from years of working with boats.. he most recently worked for Tidewater.. at one time, I think it was the largest towing company in the world..

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Congrats to ya> Your gonna love it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts