BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. i am seriously considering a aerostitch suit but do not know which one to buy. roadcrafter one piece - roadcrafter two piece - darion jacket & pants or darion lite jacket & pants. i am looking for opinions. what do you wear and why. what would you do different. if buying a new one tomorrow what wood you get. thanks in advance. ps. this sure is a good website.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I to am considering an Aerostich. I like the Roadcrafter one piece but would not consider it a all year suit in the humidity we get here back east. I believe it will be a Darien and probably the 500 denier Cordura not the 160 lightweight. My considerations concirn riding to the Phoenix area from here in Pa and being comfortable all the way. The Roadcrafter has a nylon lining and should be warmer in the high heat. I am assuming that you could forego the clothes underneath and bring a couple of pair of long silk long underwear along and do a sink wash out and be in business without much concirn for any other riding clothes in the heat. I havce ridden with one but the vent opening in the back and under arms with the sleeve gussets sould allow enoung air to circulate under the jacket to keep you cool. It would make intermittant rainstorms much less of a hassle.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have been through two one piece and one two piece Roadcrafters in the last 20 years. Today I prefer the simplicity of the one piece. I wear year round, often with long underwear of varying types depending on the temperature. Could'nt imagine riding in anything else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts