BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a 2007 LT. rode it, awesome bike. my dream bike has all the tech stuff. It has 15k miles. dealer is asking 13k. What should I offer. how is the bike, anything I should look for or ask them. will this last for another 100k miles. Is this a trouble free bike to own. Please give ur valuable opinion.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
Nothing is trouble free, including this bike, but it is the best one I have owned. It is also the one that I have kept the longest. It requires normal maintenaince and occasionally, something will break. It's a motocycle, an optional mode of transportation for most people and purchased to have fun.

A search on this site will point out everythng that can break..... and probably represents 3-4% of the bike population.

I've owned my 02 since it had 1,000 miles and they have been mostly trouble free. I do some the required maintenaince, the dealer does the rest.

The dealers price seems OK and searching around you will find some for more and some for less. Do your homework and you probably won't be dissapointed.

·
Registered
478 Posts
i have only had mine for about 6 months it is a 2002 the bike is wonderful in all rideing conditions. maintence is very important on all bikes.i have found on this site you can get any & all the info you will need about serviceing. i have no regrets about my purchase

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,977 Posts
There are plenty of us LT owners in the Charlotte area to help you with any of your regular maintenance or if any problems do happen. Buy it you won't be disappointed. :bmw: :bike:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
shamsu said:
Saw a 2007 LT. rode it, awesome bike. my dream bike has all the tech stuff. It has 15k miles. dealer is asking 13k. What should I offer. how is the bike, anything I should look for or ask them. will this last for another 100k miles. Is this a trouble free bike to own. Please give ur valuable opinion.
Good year, great bike. 15K is not even broke in yet!
What options does it have? GPS, trunk luggage rack, radio, cd player, etc. That will impact the price quite a bit!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
If this LT is at Motorcycles of Charlotte, I had checked it out a couple weeks ago. It should have had a full service done on it, so it will be ready to take home. The LT is a great machine. You'll love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts