BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I’ve decided to sell my bike, it is a 2005 K1200LT with a bit over 17K miles on it.
Question: Where is the best place for me to locate the fair market value.
Any advice is appreciated.
I will place the ad in the classified section once the price is determined.
Thanks in advance.
Rob
CT

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
My guess would be 11,500-12,500..... but who knows for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've seen prices all over the board. Not a good time to sell. Definite buyers market. Watch ebay, look at KBB and other used price guides, and also look at craigslist. Do a google search like this: k1200lt site:craigslist.org or 2005 k1200lt site:craigslist.org. That will return craigslist ads from across the country. Then take a swag at price. I've seen people list them as high as $14k. I think it would be hard to $12k for a 2005 right now.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I bought a 2008 LT with Garmin 550, comm system, Russell day long, 1300 miles for $13500.00 with warranty.

I would guess your bike would sell for around 10k. depends on its condition and farkels.

My reasoning : I believe my '02 with 30k on it will only bring in the 7-8k. Even though it is well taken care of bike.

Do the math. ;)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't think you can get 11500 for it, especially not this time of year. I'd wait till April or May, prices are usually a little higher then. I would expect anywhere btw 9500 and 11k.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for your help.
It looks like the range is between 9500 and 15K from my research. Very broad.

Happy Holidays
Rob

·
Registered
635 Posts
Try Kelly Blue Book for Motorcycles and Motorcycle Consumer News who publish used prices for motorcycles. Then I would check sources such as Motorcycle Trader to see what prices are being asked in the real world.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No promises but sometimes your insurance agent can tell you what they consider the value of the bike to be. Then add a difference (like wholesale to retail) and go from there.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Kelley Blue Book
Retail $13460 Trade in $9670
http://www.kbb.com

NADA
Low Retail $7595 Average Retail $9990
http://www.nadaguides.com

I've always heard that Kelley is more representative of the east and west coast and NADA is closer to the midwest pricing on cars, don't know how it plays for motorcycles.

JimH.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts