BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys fitted a set of front braided brake lines yesterday , bled them today both front calipers ok but carnt seem to get a brake at all checked all lines no air leaks ive done the valve for the fronts on the abs pump but not sure if i after do them both , i havent touched the back brake line its non iabs model by the way any suggestions 馃槀

Premium Member
It would help if you told us what specific year LT you have as the systems are different, and recommend watching Kirk's videos from the Illinois BMW Club on brake maintenance contain a wealth of useful info. All of the maintenance documents I retained since selling my LT pertain to the '05 - '09's. Good luck. :wave

Registered
Hi guys fitted a set of front braided brake lines yesterday , bled them today both front calipers ok but carnt seem to get a brake at all checked all lines no air leaks ive done the valve for the fronts on the abs pump but not sure if i after do them both , i havent touched the back brake line its non iabs model by the way any suggestions 馃槀
Non I-ABS will be an 01 or earlier. What is it that isn't working properly? Does the leaver come all the way back to the bars? How did you bleed the right side with the funky check ball fitting? It should be just a standard bleed keeping the reservoir on the bars full while pumping the leaver and opening the bleed valve on the calipers and also the front top bleed valve on top of the ABS unit under the seat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts