BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '05 has the standard VOICE system complete with the 6 pin jacks front and rear, but no helmet hardware came with the bike as the PO didn't worry about it. We use 2 Nolan N102 flip face helmets (silver of course). I'm looking to set up both helmets, with good quality mics & speakers, recommendations / experiences please. Regards, Dennis.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I have the BMW branded set up with the heavy duty cords. They are made by J&M and you can buy the equivalent non branded set up from the below link:

http://www.jmcorp.com/SeeProducts.asp?PF=40

Get the heavy-duty Z-Series 8-pin lower-section hook-up cords used with J&M® Elite Series headsets

Phone Toll Free in U.S and Canada: 1-800-358-0881

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
two words

Blue and Tooth..

Put them together and you really got something..

I am a Scala guy, but I am sure that others will work just as well.

·
Registered
615 Posts
After fighting with wires for a couple months when we first bought the LT, Blue tooth is the way to go! I agree with Paul's comments.

I'm an Interphone Blueant guy-F4 give us 8-9 hours of talk time-we bring them in to hotel at night to charge and they work well. I use it solo for synch to GPS, iPhone and have carried on conversations at highway speeds with no trouble. They are less than Scala, and Ebay often has new units for decent prices.

dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have no personal experience yet, but have been doing considerable research and reading some of the advice people have given. From what I have learned it seems the best way to go is Bluetooth. The Sema 10, or the Scala seem to be the favorites due to their long talk times and feature set.

Sema also has the SR10 which is a way to interface your bike stuff into your bluetooth. I don't think you need to stick with the Sema line to use the SR10. It appears the SR10 has a way to actually tie into your audio system so it would play through your headphones. There are limits, but the SR10 does seem quite versatile.

There are still wired options. J&M is the big boy, but I came across EDSETS. Some guy (Ed I think) started making his own wired set and uses more standard connectors. Claims the quality is better the J&M. Edsets is supposed to have a better quality speaker in your helmet.

I am still on the fence with Bluetooth v wired.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.