BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is up with all the advertising we are seeing now? I donate every year to keep this site from turning into the old Yahoo site, are we that desperate for funds to keep the site going?

Tried to go to the GPS sub-forum and I get E-bay instead.

Lucy, please esplain to me ????

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How do we disable the vibrant advertising? I have gone to their website and opted out, went in their controls and disabled, but still can't get to GPS forum, it is double underlined and goes to E-bay all the time.

Anyone?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Bob, What browser are you using?

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
The site was sold to Jelsoft Enterprises several months back as upkeep, maintenance and costs were not able to be covered completely by the volunteer staff nor the donations that were coming in. So while having some ads are annoying and not what we would have hoped to have on the site, the alternative was it eventually going away completely as it was impossible to maintain under the previous donation only model.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OooooK, didn't know our forum had been sold. Don't remember having been given the option to pay more to keep it add free either. But I digress, what do we need to do to have subforum links NOT take you to other, non LT advertising sites?

I am running IE on both work and home PC's and tablets. Get it on all of them.

·
Old Dawg
3,281 Posts
Firefox with Adblocker will cure your woes ;)

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Yes Firefox with ad blocker plus = no ads at all.
Now there is an add on for IE8 that works also but not sure, haven't touched IE in years.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
amarider said:
Yes Firefox with ad blocker plus = no ads at all.
Now there is an add on for IE8 that works also but not sure, haven't touched IE in years.
Yep - I'm running IE-8 and see no ads and no double underlined thingies. Did the 'do not track plus' add on per TVguy's recommendation.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
brasters said:
Hi Dick, you are right, "Do Not Track plus" works great !!!
Sheesh, where have I been?? I just noticed the 'Grandpa' in your avatar!!!

Anyway, sorry I didn't get back to ya yesterday, butt am glad you got the ad situation resolved. (Now I don't know where to donate --- Abine or the forums!! :histerica :histerica :histerica -- just kidding). Take care, Bob.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts