BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the bike split in two and put back together at my dealer. Did rear main seal, replaced clutch with an almost new one (20,000 miles on it) and new slave cylinder, etc. On my first ride today I experienced slipping in 5th (maybe 4th too) under heavy acceleration.
I never had a slipping clutch before -- even with the rear main gone and apparently oil in the clutch ...
I do notice that the clutch doesn't engage until the clutch handle is almost fully out. Is there a way to adjust it so it starts to engage closer to the handle. Am thinking if that can be adjusted perhaps when the handle is all the way out there will be no more clipping ...
Any clutch activation point adjustment tips anyone ??
Thanks,
Keir

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,925 Posts
Not an adjustable item. You can move the lever in and out but no other adjustment. I am curious as to why you went for an unknown used clutch when a new one is only $170 and the labor was at least $1,000. Does not seem like the most economical thing to do.

Sorry maybe the parts prices are higher in Canada.

·
Human Behaviour Analyst
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Part price unknown until your message. Likely double here but even so ... not a huge item when all apart. :( You're totally correct.
Clearly -- rookie mistake.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts