BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday on the way home from the U.P. of Michigan I hit a small bump and one of my adjustable windshield arms broke. I read the forum for ideas for a fix and there were several. I have a fix that I didn't see listed anywhere. It may have but I didn't see it. There were several listed from making a new one out of another material, cutting a slot and putting a washer in, and using a wire tie. What I didn't see listed was getting it welded. I took it to a welder and he welded it and built it up around the break. If you look close you can see it but it is not that bad of a fix. Time will tell if it holds up.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Ditto! Was there supposed to be a pic attached?

John
johnbaker15 said:
I am looking very very closely and can't see anything. :rotf:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Make a bunch of them up then to sell. There doesn't seem to be any source out there. You can buy them for the RT from Beemerboneyard but nothing for the LT. Have at it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Marty I know. I made some my self when my bike tipped over and broke the link arms, is really not a big deal to make them self.
3mm Aluminum sheet a few tools for cutting and some files. You need a hex key, 10mm to make your hex shape in the arm, you squeeze the hex key through the pre drilled hole.
But to ask for 25,- $ just to weld it is in my opinion to much ;)

Manfred

1 - 9 of 9 Posts