BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Ilium Works sport boards on my 2014 r1200rtw which lower the foot position from the pegs by about 1.5 inches and I feel like I need to lower the shifter lever by about 3/4 inch so I can keep my foot on the board while shifting. I see there is an adjustable linkage for the shifter, but not sure how to adjust it. Has anyone done this before and can supply instructions.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I just installed Ilium Works sport boards on my 2014 r1200rtw which lower the foot position from the pegs by about 1.5 inches and I feel like I need to lower the shifter lever by about 3/4 inch so I can keep my foot on the board while shifting. I see there is an adjustable linkage for the shifter, but not sure how to adjust it. Has anyone done this before and can supply instructions.
Thanks in advance.
Loosen lock nut on each end of threaded shifting rod and rotate "knuckle" portion in middle of rod. One way shift lever goes up...other down. Get good position for you and lock down locking nuts. Pretty simple, just leave enough threads in the linkage to hold.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick reply. What concerned me was the interaction between the shift lever linkage and the sensing mechanism for the shift assist. My understanding is that the shift assist senses pressure on the lever and then sends its signal to the transmission. I was afraid that by adjusting the linkage I would interfere with the sensor, but apparently not.

·
Registered
195 Posts
and don't forget that one of the locknuts has a left hand thread, you will know which one as it just looks 'wrong'

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. What concerned me was the interaction between the shift lever linkage and the sensing mechanism for the shift assist. My understanding is that the shift assist senses pressure on the lever and then sends its signal to the transmission. I was afraid that by adjusting the linkage I would interfere with the sensor, but apparently not.
Right, the sensor portion isn't altered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts