BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signing off the RT forum today, at least as an RT owner. Sold my '08 RT this morning, with 18,656 happy miles under my belt. I will miss Hopz's encyclopedic mechanical wisdom, Atomicman's always helpful farkle advice, and Ponch's gritty one liners, to name only a few of the people I have come to appreciate on this forum.

Hope to see you all on the road someday, or maybe over on the GTL page.

Two wheels down, and straight up with a twist, jRay. :bmw:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Interesting. Over a hundred posts and you sold. If you are still out there, I am wondering about a couple of things, but do not wish to intrude if you'd rather not say:
Why did you sell it? New bike? lack of interest in motorcycling?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Danrt1100 said:
Interesting. Over a hundred posts and you sold. If you are still out there, I am wondering about a couple of things, but do not wish to intrude if you'd rather not say:
Why did you sell it? New bike? lack of interest in motorcycling?

Thanks in advance.
No worry -- Traded in on a new K1600GTL. Loved the RT by myself in the twisties, but was spending more more total riding time with my pillion touring the backroads. Little different riding position, couple more horses couple of creature comforts. Decided to go with the GTL instead of an RT and an LT.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
It was my pleasure and honor to meet you my man. Missed your posts lately, but knew you were there.

GTL... thats great! Travel well friend and if you get near here, you know you have a garage and warm room for you and your rider.

Bob...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
You can always come back and tell us how the GTL is doing ... :wave

We will even welcome you back when you get over the GTL seduction affair ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well, like the TV Commercial says - "We'll leave a light on for you!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts