BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to put a few aftermarket lights on my 2005 LT to dress it up a notch and improve the night lighting. I don't want to spend mega$$ on an HID so let's skip that. I saw one setup that mounted them under the mirrors but you lose the wings. I like the wings for air deflection so that's out. One had bars that looked like tusks coming from the intake. I guess with the 2005 using that spot as the high beam that's out. The lower leg lights look nice, but are they that effective or mainly show?
If there's a previous discussion on this please forgive me.
Thanks for any help.
Ed

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Lights

Raffy ought to know about the under the mirror lights not losing the wings. IIRC, there are brackets made to mount auxillary lights under the tip over wings.

IMO, MotoLights add a visibility factor that can't be beat for day or night. They add some extra light in the immediate area in front of the bike, but not a long way down the road.

JM2CW.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
I have PIAA 1100x on Ezy-Mounts and Motolights on Rastermounts. I find them to be a nice addition to the bike's lighting while blending in well with the bike's overall design.

Attachments

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
Ed,

Save yourself a lot of hassle and money, and just get the HID. This thread has a link for an auto kit (two full HID setups) for $199. Split the kit with someone and it's under $100.

The other suggestions are good also, and would make great additions to the LT. But the HID will give you far more light, useable full-time on low beam, and will help other cars see you better as well.

You'll get there eventually, so why waste time and money on halfway solutions?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts