BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one already have a HyperLights tail/brake modulation/flashing brake light set up then add one or two additional LED lights? I had HyperLight tail/brake lights on my last motorcycle and want to get some for the new one, but I thought I'd add some addition lights while I'm at it.

I'm thinking a red LED light bar might be a good thing under my top case. I'm ASSUMING I can wire that in parallel with the HyperLights and the light bar will modulate/flash just like the HyperLights. Anyone verify that?

HyperLights has LEDs I can add to a regular HyperLight tail/brake installation, but they cost $65 or so......seems like I ought to be able to find something a little less expensive.

Ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I did exactly as you are wanting to do. while they intialy worked (I wired them to a pair of cheap LED Aux brake light bars) I found soon after that they had stopped modulating. they worked as stop lights only. I had thought that they were toast afterwards, but sometime after that, they started modulating again...

Deek said:
Any one already have a HyperLights tail/brake modulation/flashing brake light set up then add one or two additional LED lights? I had HyperLight tail/brake lights on my last motorcycle and want to get some for the new one, but I thought I'd add some addition lights while I'm at it.

I'm thinking a red LED light bar might be a good thing under my top case. I'm ASSUMING I can wire that in parallel with the HyperLights and the light bar will modulate/flash just like the HyperLights. Anyone verify that?

HyperLights has LEDs I can add to a regular HyperLight tail/brake installation, but they cost $65 or so......seems like I ought to be able to find something a little less expensive.

Ideas?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shoswell said:
I did exactly as you are wanting to do. while they intialy worked (I wired them to a pair of cheap LED Aux brake light bars) I found soon after that they had stopped modulating. they worked as stop lights only. I had thought that they were toast afterwards, but sometime after that, they started modulating again...
Well that doesn't sound too encouraging? Do you think the problem was just the poor quality of the aux light bar? I have been considering a Signal Dynamics. I've had them on other motorcycles just as an aux brake light, and they worked fine.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Deek said:
Well that doesn't sound too encouraging? Do you think the problem was just the poor quality of the aux light bar? I have been considering a Signal Dynamics. I've had them on other motorcycles just as an aux brake light, and they worked fine.

Try it....worst case you toast the HL's... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts