BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 LT. I have flashing red lights but I have brakes. The back resorvoir may be low. I can see thru a square opening that the level is below minimun. The resorvoir has a nipple on the top under the seat. Question: This this where you add brake fluid and if so what kind and where do you get it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
Steveford said:
I have a 2002 LT. I have flashing red lights but I have brakes. The back resorvoir may be low. I can see thru a square opening that the level is below minimun. The resorvoir has a nipple on the top under the seat. Question: This this where you add brake fluid and if so what kind and where do you get it. Thanks for your help.
Hmmmm - ole Toad has a nipple on top of the coolant overflow bottle cap which is located on the clutch/shifter pedal side of the bike - the brake fluid reservoir is a screw-on cap and is located on the brake pedal/lever side of the bike.

Brake fluid to use is DOT 4 and available at any auto parts store. Caution when adding, to not let any drip onto painted surfaces. DOT 4 eats paint!!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
15,073 Posts
Top off both and das blinking lights will dissapear. Yours may have a vent line on each cap.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts