BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone thought about trying to add an accessories plug into the front face of the rear trunk to make it more accessible then the side accessories plug located under the seat, for the passenger to plug in their heated clothing? Obviously it would have to have an easy disconnect plug located under the seat for rear trunk removal. Is there space between the outer and inner trunk liner to do this?
My new GTL will not be here until next spring but this will be a must for me to keep the SO happy. Has anyone done at least something for the passenger heated clothing issue?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have not yet had a chance to remove the inner bottom liner, but if I were looking at doing this (and I may, as SWMBO is ridng with me more than on her bikes lately due to medical issues), it appears there is plenty of room in the two lower front corners, under the lower mounting points for the lid lift struts (you can shine a flashlight down into these areas to get an idea).

You could pass the wires through the factory rubber grommet on the right underside of the case.

While I am in there, I'll also bring a power point into the inside of the trunk liner to permit recharging of mini-USB devices while rolling down the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was going to add a plug to the back case but I thought I better wait to see where and how the the future armrests are going mount to the back case.

·
Registered
620 Posts
ferrasr said:
Has anyone thought about trying to add an accessories plug into the front face of the rear trunk to make it more accessible then the side accessories plug located under the seat, for the passenger to plug in their heated clothing? Obviously it would have to have an easy disconnect plug located under the seat for rear trunk removal. Is there space between the outer and inner trunk liner to do this?
My new GTL will not be here until next spring but this will be a must for me to keep the SO happy. Has anyone done at least something for the passenger heated clothing issue?
I usually run two coaxial cords directly to the battery for heated clothing. One for me and one for the wife. I hide the wife's under the set when I am solo.

Lately I am using just one cord since I have a dual controller and don't use my heated pants. I attach the controller to my jacket and both the wife and I can easily access it.

You Alberta guys probably wear the pants as well as the gloves and socks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts