BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 09 "LT". Does anyone make mirrors that look decent that can be placed on the handlebar of the LT?

The mirrors on the "LT" are not very good as there seems to be to many blind spots I have noticed when riding so I am interested in mounting on the handle bar since there are a couple of predrilled holes for this I am assuming. I have been looking on the web but have been unable to locate anything so far.

I am new to this site but am very impressed with it so far.

Thanks for any suggestions.

gwpdx :bmw:

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the Web Gary! As an FYI, there is a "Search" box on the tool bar above, and at the bottom of the thread you will see similar posts to the theme of whichever one you are currently in. These are great tools to use. In fact I am attaching a thread all about those mirrors which I got from the bottom of the page:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28482

I think you will see what you need either in this thread, or in the link that Dick attached to the thread for the actual listing of P/N's.

Check out the Pac North West Forum as well when you have some time.

John

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info John. I will check it out.
Gary

·
Registered
322 Posts
I had good luck fixing the blind spots with the Saeng quick scan mirrors. They are reasonably priced and stuck well to the clear, fixed acrylic wings on the fairing. You'll enjoy your '09, I had a blast with my '09. Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum.
Scott

·
Registered
139 Posts
Mirrors from a K1200RS will fit perfectly in the holes in the hand grip assembly. As a matter of fact I have a pair of K1200RS mirrors that I used on my now deceased LT. Send me a PM if interested.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
If you add the RS mirrows there are two types the later ones are oval and are nicer looking. I added those on mine and after a year i took them off. I don't love the stock mirrows but i found that with the RS mirrows mounted on the wide LT bars I have to take my eyes off the road to much to check them.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Had Muth Signal Mirrors on the 02; did same for the 07. They have much more adjustability than the OEM mirrors and much smaller (if any) blind spots. When I have them 'properly' adjusted, the image comes to or past the edge of my side vision. Plus, the signals are VERY noticeable by following traffic!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to thank everyone for their input and comments. I just picked up a used pair from dgg155. Afterwards I went to the BMW shop (as I still don't have my bike due to having options put on because of the promo BMW had going when I purchased). Anyway, because I am having the BMW CB put on (J&M), the push to talk button utilizes the left handlebar mirror hole. So now I may not be putting these new/used mirrors on my "LT" now.
If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Gary :bmw:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts