BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pretty unlikely. First, I'm sure that whatever mounting points this new lamp assembly uses are in no way compatible with the innerds of our LTs. Second, the shape of the fairing would not accommodate the shape of the lamp housing. Thirdly, I'm quite sure whatever sensors and accelerometers this system relies on for operating inputs have no counterparts on the LT. Probably no place to mount them, either. In fact, it's very likely that those functions are part of the ECM of the bike. It also seems unlikely that an aftermarket manufacturer would lay out the staggering amount of cash necessary to pull this system off in some meaningful, reliable way, as K1200LTs are relatively rare bikes compared to, say, Goldwings and Electraglides.

Now, I'm sure that with limitless budget and time, some Bruce Wayne / Jay Leno type character could be cobble something together. But then, people that would have such resources would no doubt just buy a new GT or GTL and be done with it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
digitalsasquatch said:
Pretty unlikely. First, I'm sure that whatever mounting points this new lamp assembly uses are in no way compatible with the innerds of our LTs. Second, the shape of the fairing would not accommodate the shape of the lamp housing. Thirdly, I'm quite sure whatever sensors and accelerometers this system relies on for operating inputs have no counterparts on the LT. Probably no place to mount them, either. In fact, it's very likely that those functions are part of the ECM of the bike. It also seems unlikely that an aftermarket manufacturer would lay out the staggering amount of cash necessary to pull this system off in some meaningful, reliable way, as K1200LTs are relatively rare bikes compared to, say, Goldwings and Electraglides.

Now, I'm sure that with limitless budget and time, some Bruce Wayne / Jay Leno type character could be cobble something together. But then, people that would have such resources would no doubt just buy a new GT or GTL and be done with it.
Exactly.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
mchammer717 said:
Has anyone heard if the adaptive headlight on the 1600 gt will be available or adaptable to the LT?
No reason to be adaptable. Just buy the light and the rest of the GTL comes with it. All for just around $27K. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts