BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you can lock the adaptive headlight to one side (like if you went to where they ride on the other side of the road and didn't want to dazzle the oncoming drivers), but does anyone know if you can turn the adaptive headlight off? Both the light and the "mirror motor". So, if you're riding during the day and don't want to use the adaptive headlight and waste the motor in the mirror can you just turn the whole thing off?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Travis said:
I know you can lock the adaptive headlight to one side (like if you went to where they ride on the other side of the road and didn't want to dazzle the oncoming drivers), but does anyone know if you can turn the adaptive headlight off? Both the light and the "mirror motor". So, if you're riding during the day and don't want to use the adaptive headlight and waste the motor in the mirror can you just turn the whole thing off?
So you want to run without lights to save a servo motor?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Probably not, unless there's a dedicated fuse under the seat just for the low beam setup, then you can ride with the high beam turned on during the day.

·
IBR# 366
16,554 Posts
You're not gonna wear out the mirror servo motor in several hundred-thousand miles, so why worry about it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Electric motors can last an extremely long time, especially if they're brushless which these probably are. You probably can disable the adaptive mirror positioning but there's no good reason to.

As for the light, it is actually the low-beam light and obviously it is permanently on like with all motorcycles. The bike has three lights: two high-beams fixed forward and a single low-beam light with the adaptive mirrors around it to change its angle.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was thinking that the rings were the latest version of front parking lights.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts