BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electric stand stopped working on my 09. Took the center stand off the bike and found the actuator motor to be full of grease & grime. The brush, whose wire is welded on to a small pole, was broken and this wire was ripped in half.
Is it possible to just get the motor and not the whole actuator unit. If so, please let me know. I priced an actuator and it was around $1100 !!!! ; or can I replace the brush and new wire, even though this wire is soddered or welded on?
Thanks,
Luis

·
Registered
86 Posts
So you have it apart and the brush lead is pulled loose where it was soldered? If so find an alternator/ starter repair shop and I bet they can fix it for ya.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The bike isn't still under warranty?

luis said:
Electric stand stopped working on my 09. Took the center stand off the bike and found the actuator motor to be full of grease & grime. The brush, whose wire is welded on to a small pole, was broken and this wire was ripped in half.
Is it possible to just get the motor and not the whole actuator unit. If so, please let me know. I priced an actuator and it was around $1100 !!!! ; or can I replace the brush and new wire, even though this wire is soddered or welded on?
Thanks,
Luis

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,101 Posts
Here is a source for the motor HS-50N . Honda scooter starter that several here have used.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I'll order the motor and let you know. I appreciate everybody's help, just trying to save a dollar like most of us are.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Luis,
Go to the dealership and discuss how disappointed you are about this early product failure. You may be very surprised at the discretionary authority the dealer and the regional rep have to keep customers happy. With global bike sales down so much, they are VERY anxious to keep us happy.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I agree with the dealer route, you never know.

I have tried one of the starter motors and had to drill the spade connector to fit over the LT connection bolt, but, it was easy and works great.

If you search for the HS-50N, you may find it a little cheaper. Seems I spent about $50.00 six months ago. Lot easier than messing with the motor. YMMV

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
joegottberg said:
I have tried one of the starter motors and had to drill the spade connector to fit over the LT connection bolt, but, it was easy and works great.

If you search for the HS-50N, you may find it a little cheaper. Seems I spent about $50.00 six months ago. Lot easier than messing with the motor. YMMV
+1

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for everybodies help. I saw that you could order just the brushes with the attatched wire for 11 bucks. I'm going to try changing the brush and wire that was torn and see how it goes. I'll let you know.
Thanks,
Luis

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Oops! Sold

Sorry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts