BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Merry Christmas all:

Our dealership receive the pre-order prices for the new bikes today. These will be loaded bikes with the "premium package" on both:


K1600GT = $26,035.
K1600GTL= $26,340.

Add TTL depending on where you live and its 30,000 +.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Hi Guys,
New member here, I sold my HD Ultra Classic after riding down to the Dragon this summer and realizing that I was clearly on the wrong bike.

I've been lurking on this forum and reading everything I could find out about the new K1600's.

I too placed my pre-order last Friday, and I ordered the GT. My dealer came up with a guesstimate of $25,530 all-in (including freight). We both assumed the GTL would come in at least $1500 higher, $900 of that for the rear box alone.

If the pricing listed here is correct I'm going to change my order to the GTL. Anybody else confirm this pricing?

Ray
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,571 Posts
ka5ysy said:
Merry Christmas all:

Our dealership receive the pre-order prices for the new bikes today. These will be loaded bikes with the "premium package" on both:


K1600GT = $26,035.
K1600GTL= $26,340.

Add TTL depending on where you live and its 30,000 +.
If the GTL is indeed "loaded" for that price, it's less than I thought it would be.... But then again, this is the Great Recession, and less is being spent on toys so they have to try and be competitive with the Wing pricing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
$300 difference between the GT and GTL? In Canada it's $3000 difference. That doesn't sound right.

If both bikes are fully loaded, the GT will also need the audio, bluetooth and GPS pre-wiring, which are available as an option.


In Canada:
$24,100 for the GT stock
$27,225 for the GTL stock

Options:
safety package, $1000 (adpative headlight, Dynamic traction control, tire pressure monitors)
Package 1: $1850 (ESA II, alarm, central locking, LED aux. lights).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Fluffy, fully loaded means every single factory option. The GTL gets a number of things standard that are options on the GT, but fully loaded means both bikes have them so the price difference goes down.

For the U.S. that means the safety package (adaptive headlight, traction control, and TPMS), the luxury package (ESA, alarm, central locking), and the radio, speakers, and GPS preparation. The only factory option for the GTL that isn't a factory option for the GT is the LED fog lights which are included in the fully-loaded GTL but not the GT for that reason (of course they're available as an accessory). Also the trunk is not a factory option with the GT since of course it's just an accessory.

So basically for the $300 extra you get the LED fog lights and the topcase, along with the different riding position, tank size, and chrome trim of the GTL. So that's why I think the fully-loaded GT is completely pointless if those prices are accurate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI, this pricing came directly from the dealership, and they just got it , so it is solid.

The thing I am curious about is whether BMW will adjust the prices of the RT downward, as there is a very close overlap on the basic K package prices, and any upgrades will put it dead on the K16 price points.

This pre-order thing makes the GTL a very easy choice compared to the GT, except that the GTL should have been available in the RED !!!. This color thing with BMW is nuts.
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
ka5ysy said:
FYI, this pricing came directly from the dealership, and they just got it , so it is solid.

The thing I am curious about is whether BMW will adjust the prices of the RT downward, as there is a very close overlap on the basic K package prices, and any upgrades will put it dead on the K16 price points.

This pre-order thing makes the GTL a very easy choice compared to the GT, except that the GTL should have been available in the RED !!!. This color thing with BMW is nuts.
I call BS on the price quote you got. Did you get it in writing? Was it on an official BMW order form? I have been close friends with the owners & staff of my Dealer (Lone Star) here in Austin for over 5 years & they still as of 5:50 pm today DO NOT have pricing & will not till early January.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
I think that is a very fair price. My 2009 Goldwing with ABS and Navigation (everything except air bag in other words) listed for something just over $24,000. The BMW seems to me to be a hell of a lot more motorcycle. Let me repeat...... :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
katnapinn said:
I call BS on the price quote you got. Did you get it in writing? Was it on an official BMW order form? I have been close friends with the owners & staff of my Dealer (Lone Star) here in Austin for over 5 years & they still as of 5:50 pm today DO NOT have pricing & will not till early January.

Perhaps your guy is slow... After all you are Texans :) Im not ordering one so I don't need anything in writing, and was looking at the GM's notes on the bike. Lower your BS flag until you have facts in hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
263 Posts
ka5ysy said:
Perhaps your guy is slow... After all you are Texans :) Im not ordering one so I don't need anything in writing, and was looking at the GM's notes on the bike. Lower your BS flag until you have facts in hand.
To be fair Doug, if you don't have it in writing, you don't have "facts in hand".
 

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
Joined
·
8,601 Posts
bibleman said:
To be fair Doug, if you don't have it in writing, you don't have "facts in hand".
:corn:

BTW I still stand by my post. As the first one in Austin to have the GTL on order I will also be the first customer in Austin to know the price "WHEN" it comes out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
ka5ysy said:
Perhaps your guy is slow... After all you are Texans :) Im not ordering one so I don't need anything in writing, and was looking at the GM's notes on the bike. Lower your BS flag until you have facts in hand.

Texans? Slow? Coming from a brother in Louisiana, man that's hurts. :cool:

Having gone through the experience of pre-ordering a hot, new bike not yet on the dealer's floor and putting down a deposit, if you're experience is like mine, the final price will change (upward) by the time you sign on the dotted line.

The deposit does nothing more than give you a first right of refusal before being offered to the next in line :bmw:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
ka5ysy said:
Merry Christmas all:

Our dealership receive the pre-order prices for the new bikes today. These will be loaded bikes with the "premium package" on both:


K1600GT = $26,035.
K1600GTL= $26,340.

Add TTL depending on where you live and its 30,000 +.
That is the $ amount the dealer told me that my pre-ordered GTL would cost.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Just spoke to the dealer, who has always been reliable over the past 20 years. I'm told there is no firm pricing for the USA until mid to late March. Period. There are ranges that have been unofficially released, but nothing firm. If your dealer is telling you otherwise, ask to see the sheet from BMW showing those numbers.

Waiting to release firm pricing would make sense as the dollar and the euro continue to change values. There's been over a 13% swing in value in just the last 120 days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
I think I will stick with my LT for now. Hell I can buy a used Porsche 930 Turbo for that price. Yikes.

Al
Spokane
WA :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
149 Posts
ka5ysy said:
This pre-order thing makes the GTL a very easy choice compared to the GT, except that the GTL should have been available in the RED !!!. This color thing with BMW is nuts.
You are so right! I had my heart set on that red one and then thought about the 'white' one - neither of which is available in the GTL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Wel I'll just add my two bits. I went to the dealer in Salt Lake City yesterday Dec 23rd , put down my pre order $ and was told that they had no price list and no idea of the price. I was also some what disappointed to realize that fully loaded does not include the navagation system, only the prep. If this is true then, whatever the fully loaded price ends up, we can plan on another $700 plus for the Garmin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
spokane1200lt said:
I think I will stick with my LT for now. Hell I can buy a used Porsche 930 Turbo for that price. Yikes.

Al
Spokane
WA :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
My thoughts exactly. $30+k for a MOTORCYCLE?
In the words of Cartman "screw you guys, I'm going home". :p :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
topsarge said:
Wel I'll just add my two bits. I went to the dealer in Salt Lake City yesterday Dec 23rd , put down my pre order $ and was told that they had no price list and no idea of the price. I was also some what disappointed to realize that fully loaded does not include the navagation system, only the prep. If this is true then, whatever the fully loaded price ends up, we can plan on another $700 plus for the Garmin.
Sarge, being new to the area, I'm curious which shop you prefer: northside or south? :toast:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top