BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased and installed one of these active, dual jammer head units on their LT such as the Laser Interceptor from Laser Interceptor USA? If so, please PM me. I just completed installation of the above-mentioned system on my 05 LT.

Terry

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I've often thought those were cool...But unnecessary as I usually stick to the rule,
Five you're fine, Ten you're mine..... That has always worked for me.

That, Combined with certain driving techniques, Like keeping a car or two in front of you and looking at the places where they usually hide, Keeps me award free..

I'm sure it's probably you that will be letting us know how the thing works...
It just has to save you once or twice to pay for itself I'm sure..

Keep us posted..

John

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What prompted me to install one of the units was being targeted last fall while 10 over and remaining in the flow of traffic on a freeway. The LEO did not buy into the logic of staying with the flow of traffic, neither faster or slower for obvious safety reasons. I'm not in the habit of purposely exceeding the posted limit. That said, many localities have quotas to pull in revenue in these budget-crunched times along with other reasons for targeting motorists, specifically M/C's. The LEO did state at the time I was stopped, "all you crotch rocket riders need to slow down". I don't believe LT's fall into that broad category by design or by virtue of driving habits Unfortunately, all of us exceed the posted limit infrequently even with best driving habits.

Laser guns are finely focused on a given target and it takes only 1/3s to get a locked reading...using vehicles ahead of your own vehicle to run interference, so to speak, is of little value when the laser gun operator has a clear line-of-sight to a given target. Passive units such as the Valentine1 or Passport cannot react in time to warn the driver/rider when it comes to Laser speed detection.

As far as how an active jammer works, go to the website of Radar Roy @ [email protected] or Laser Interceptor USA and speak to Cliff. You can also access the forum @ www.radardetector.net/forums. Fortunately, we all have choices and the purchase/installation or not is certainly a choice.

Terry

Terry

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I can see that you who live in more populated areas, this being a concern. Living here where it's flat to the horizon, I've never picked up a laser signal. I've been using a Passport 8500 for two plus years now, and it's never let me down. So until it does, that's good enough for me. I have considered buying some of that stealth paint you can put on your lights & reflective areas. The name escapes me now (senior moment), but it looks kinda dark when you put it on, but it drys clear. Kinda expensive, if I remember correctly. :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
I leave my hi beam on during the day while in an area with a hi intercept potential.

In New England, the townies never have lidar, only the state police. In fact the townies leave their radar on constantly broadcasting loudly "here I come". How polite of them. :)

The hi beam reduces the lock range (a little) and on a motorcycle that has a very narrow intercept signature hi beam use can give you a reaction window.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have had the Passport 8500 and Laser Jaming system for many years now. I can say that without a doubt I did NOT get a speeding ticket when I should have going thru a Laser speed trap.

Money well spent.

Later Steve A

1 - 7 of 7 Posts