BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have info to share about the availability of ACC? What I hear from the dealer(s) is that BMW is not making bikes with it right now - I've heard two different stories on why (chip shortage and an issue with a flooded plant in Austria). Any info on when it will become available again? My local dealers don't know.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to two dealers today and neither can order it. One just received a triple black bike that doesn't have it (already sold). @TracerBullet I would confirm with your dealer. Maybe yours was allocated before they ran out of parts. The last wave of bikes that the dealers had did have ACC, but only had audio prep (BMW included bluetooth communicators).

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I asked about dealer retrofit (whenever the parts are available) and they thought it was unlikely. I'm not sure what all is missing, probably the sensor module and definitely a button on the left side of the controls.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I left the 1250 R/T motorcycle at the dealer; it did not have adaptative cruise control or a stereo system. I had insurance lyft ride to the dealer and was ready to ride away...Im a little pissed it was a 3+month wait now I am back to square one...
Thanks for letting us know. That's a serious bummer. It sucks that neither BMW nor the dealers seem to be on top of this. The least they could do is communicate clearly - I understand that some of this is out of their control. I'm assuming they couldn't give you an estimate of when you could get the bike you really want.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I went back to my local dealer today. They have had a '21 white RT with ACC that I've been tempted by, but I thought I really wanted blue. Well, today they had received a blue bike (no ACC and reserved for someone else) and it turns out I don't like the color as much in person (it's darker than I expected). After staring at them side by side for a while I decided to go with the white one rather than putting a deposit on another blue one they have in transit. So @Mellow is right that there are bikes out there.

I also heard from the dealer that they've done a bunch of research on this topic. They delivered a bike to a seemingly very annoyed customer and that put their parts guy on the project of figuring out if a retrofit is possible. The parts guy seems sharp and he swears that it is possible and he has figured out all of the parts, some of which will not become available until late January. So @MasterSpin77 there may be hope yet. I'll be back in there at least once in the coming days (to pick up my bike!), so let me know if you want me to try to get that parts list. I should probably get it and share it here as a resource for others.

Side note: the financing on 2021 bikes is 1.9% and on 2022 it's 4.9%. I was waffling on whether to finance or not at 4.9%, but at 1.9% it's a no-brainer. So that was a nice little bonus.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Thanks, and yes, the parts list would be most triumphant!...we know more about the bike than the dealers, I was getting a little annoyed..they can't answer any questions on these subjects and I am going back tomorrow to press them about the stereo again I told them I want it installed on my first service...pretty sure no one even is looking into it, thanks for your help.
I've held off on the radio so far, but I might get that done too. I think this same parts guy has a parts list for the radio retrofit. I'll try to get that too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I use a Sena and S-Plug ear buds and have always used my Zumo for music. The App will allow that to be used via the bike so I have 2 options. I had a couple goldwings and they all came with the speakers/radio/etc as part of the basic package but I found that I never used it because it just wasn't as good as helmet speakers or ear buds.

However, at the price point we pay for these bikes, we should get that whether we use it or not.
This is a bit of a tangent, but since it's my post originally I think that's ok :): Someone else just recommended the PlugUp stuff to me yesterday. How is the sound quality on the S-Plugs? Did you go with single or dual speakers?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Was just at the dealer here and got more info on the ACC upgrade. There's actually a kit in the parts system for this retrofit, so it should be easy for the parts guys to find. The guy here was surprised that any other parts guy would have trouble finding it...

Anyway, attached is a pdf showing the kit and all of the individual parts and the cost. The scan is great because I used my phone, but it should be fine to print and hand to your local dealers. Hope this helps!

I asked for the same for the radio retrofit, but that one is only one part ($560 including CA tax) and didn't seem worth printing out. It's just the module (you have to have the audio prep kit installed already).

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
I’m at the dealer today and there’s a new bike sitting in the delivery zone that has ACC. Seems like the shortage may be over.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Was at the dealer again today (yes...again) and saw another bike setup for delivery that has ACC. Really looks like the shortage is over.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts