BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a K1200 LT 2005 and I like to know if the bike came from factory with a Gel battery or Acid.

Stephane

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought my LT in March 2005 and it came with a gel battery. First time I will use this type of battery, so far no complains. It's being on the battery tender this winter and its keeping the charge. Not sure if all LT in 2005 came with the gel.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Should be Gel.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Yep. Gel battery for sure. Gel batteries have been used by BMW for some years now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Charger type

®win said:
Yep. Gel battery for sure. Gel batteries have been used by BMW for some years now.

Can I use a regular charger like the Yuasa automatic 900mA for a Gel battery or do I need to purchace the Special BMW charger ?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
No need for the BMW charger, there are other brands (cheaper). I don't know about your charger. Should be in the manual of the charger if it is suited for gel batteries.

·
Registered
883 Posts
®win said:
No need for the BMW charger, there are other brands (cheaper). I don't know about your charger. Should be in the manual of the charger if it is suited for gel batteries.
Check the dealer section of this site. I got a great deal on the Battery Tender Gel .... $49 shipped !

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3843

1 - 7 of 7 Posts