BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the shelf from A&S Cycles for $89 http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1960 Vs the BMR ? I plan on hard wiring my GPS there, a nuvi 1450. just trying to save a little of the green stuff but also don't want to waste it on something inadequate . opinions ?

·
Registered
635 Posts
That is the RCU shelf and I had one on my first (99) LT. I found it to be very good and planning on getting one for my new LT. No experience with the other, but as I recall it is a pricier unit and for me not worth the extra $$ considering I was happy with the RCU.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have the RCU.

I wish I had the BMR. The BMR seems more stable than my RCU. My RCU vibrates, thus, my GPS vibrates.

Just my $.02

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I too have one & it did vibrate when I first got the bike. The 2 mounting points for the shelf are part of the plastic under the dash cover. Mine broke both mounting points off several years ago & I rebuilt them from metal. Now there is little to no vibration. If the RCU shelf was not already on the bike when I bought it I would have gone with the BMR shelf.

·
Registered
700 Posts
+1

GlennM86 said:
I have the RCU.

I wish I had the BMR. The BMR seems more stable than my RCU. My RCU vibrates, thus, my GPS vibrates.

Just my $.02

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I can't speak to the other brand, but I do love the BMR Shelf. Holds the GPS, XM radio, and FRS Radio with little vibraion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well thanks all for your responses looks like the BMR might be worth the extra $$

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
My machine shop budy built me an RCU type shelf out of spare aluminum when I first got my LT.

We could have extended the shelf and used a well nut to attach the shelf to the dash if we wanted, but we did not want to drill into the dash.

I like my RCU shelf, but it only holds my Valentine 1 so vibration is not a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts