BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is bad. Now should I spend $2800 to have it replaced? I've had the bike almost 3 years and paid $10,000 for it. Is it worth the money to put into it? I'm looking for what everyone thinks they would do to a 9 year old bike. I do like it. It rides great and holds all my crap and more especially it holds my wifes crap! I'm just trying to figure whats the best way to go. Don't know how much I could get for it either? Thanks.

R

·
Registered
255 Posts
mine is an '01, abs went bad last summer. I didnt hesitate to replace it with a new one. I did all the work myself. I wanted the abs function when i ride, to me it was worth it. i know other folks have a different view on this matter, but i had the money and now i have the abs function again, just one person's opinion!

·
Registered
832 Posts
My GSA also had fault codes, flashing lights, and periodic loss of the Power portion of braking. Dealer said I needed a new ABS module at a cost of $2400.00 for the part.

Took the bike to an independent shop. They did a THOURUGH brake flush of the wheel circuits and the ABS unit itself and now, all is well after a extended test ride.

The BMW manual says in bold letters to flush system yearly and follows with 11 pages of directions.

That along with the install of new shocks (previously purchased) and new rear brake pads cost me $404.00

Have you tried a flush?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've tried bleeding until I can't bleed anymore. $3258 is what the BMW of Atlanta has priced it at. Still thinking. The front motor is burnt up according to there testing which means a new one.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sent word for BMWOA to fix it. Hate to spend the money but it's not doing me any good not riding it. Hope nothing else major brakes..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts