BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Not really the brake switches are different, the wiring is different the location and brake pipes are different. Far easier and cheaper just to buy and older LT.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of figured it was not practical.
I have owned a lot bikes and this is the most unreliable. Kind of
disappointed in BMW product.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
BMWs require a good maintenance schedule to last and if you don't buy new there is no telling what was or was not done on time. That can affect your enjoyment later down the road. I have had no failures that were not induced by me in 14 years and 110,000 miles of ownership.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
BMWs require a good maintenance schedule to last and if you don't buy new there is no telling what was or was not done on time. That can affect your enjoyment later down the road. I have had no failures that were not induced by me in 14 years and 110,000 miles of ownership.
Every failure I’ve had was not induced by me. :grin:

My FD pinion seal leak wasn’t caused by me.
My transmission seal leaks that trashed my clutch were not caused by me.
My u-hose that burst in the tank was not caused by me.

Those have been my main failures. Fortunately, none have left me stranded in 11 years and 73,000 miles, but the u-hose came darn close!

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,171 Posts
Yes you can pull a relay for one and cut a wire for the other, or cut two wires right at the ABS connector. You need to leave the ABS electronics hooked up to the connector to get your speedometer signal and also have working brake lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts